Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  19

Thread: What's it worth/what's worth doing (Sn95 Cobra)

What's it worth/what's worth doing (Sn95 Cobra)

Buddy of mine has had a 97 Cobra for going on 16+ years. Car's been in a build state for 10 years or so, built Teksid motor, Vortech V2 with Snow Boost Cooler, TKO500, some max motorsports suspension, Fr500 etc etc etc. Was a nice car last it saw daylight, 180k kms but no rust, will likely need paint work in places from storage.

He's basically lost interest in it. Motor is in but needs to be wired and plumbed. Motors never been run. I keep telling him to pay someone to finish it up and at least drive it once before selling since it's worth more complete than unfinished but he just wants to move it.

My brain tells me 10-12k as it sits on a good day, maybe 15-16k as a runner. Anyone got any input on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Even if it was built by someone 100% reliable, ten yrs is a very long time for an engine to sit, especially if it's never been fired. Unfortunately love for that gen Cobra has yet to catch on, ones that do bring good money are typically super low mileage virgins. I think it might be a bit of a tough sell but if nice enough someone can see what it could be, think it's in the 10k max range. Finished as a runner, agree with your number.
    Heck of a nice build for the right guy.
    If it comes up for sale, yes please on let me know.

I'd say 5-8k max. Many don't like 94-98 and unfinished project. Sitting that long. Too bad, I am one of the few that love that gen Cobra. I had a very tough time selling my flawless, 40k km Never been in the rain Cobra for 11k. That was a few years back but still a relatively unpopular car.

If I'm honest my first though was 8-10k but he kept listing new parts I forgot he had. Honestly right now I think he's be lucking to go above 10k in this market but is possible. If I didn't have a newborn at home I'd be tossing him that sorta money myself and finishing it just to see a project through to completion that we were talking about starting when I first bought my car in 08.

I agree with what above said.

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

Hey Chris do you have any pics

I’d have to agree with bluetoy in saying $5-8k as it sits. Tough to tell without seeing it, but paintwork is costly, as is anything with those motors, so if there’s an issue with the motor in it that’s a killer. I’ve seen a few that were mint and built like that in the high-teens, last year but not sure if they sold or not, and of course they were running, and mint paint (according to the ad).
    Congrats on the baby btw bud.

Congrats on the baby

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Esliger View Post
    Hey Chris do you have any pics
    Working on getting some recent of her.

Sad to say but his best options are to get it running and sell whole or if he can part it out to get as much as he can out of it.

Again, if motor is running and he videos of that, he will get more for the engine. Sell off any trick parts first, then he can sell it as a complete roller with interior but without motor and transmission. He would likely get $7-8k for the roller as it’s still a cobra.
    Last edited by FABMAN; 01-08-2023 at 01:45 PM.
    FABMAN