Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LED Pen Inspection Flashlight for Daily Use

LED Pen Inspection Flashlight for Daily Use

I am wondering what people carry in there pocket when inspecting cars and other projects.
    I was carrying a "Reactor" small work LED inspection light from Home Hardware but I find the newer products to be unreliable and don't preform for any length of time. It uses 3 AAA 's and has two lights one pencil light and one wide beam chosen by a dual switch.
    Yes I do have a Milwaukee # 2735-20 LED Worklight, but I need something smaller and more potable that I can carry in my shirt pocket.
    Any suggestions as to what you found to your liking??
    Thanks.

as a tech in the field i have tried about every one i can find. they are all garbage and nothing last more than a few months. you change the batteries and they never work right.

im more inclined to just use the light on my phone anymore

I have one of these. They are great. https://www.homedepot.ca/product/coa...ght/1000736063

Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    I have one of these. They are great. https://www.homedepot.ca/product/coa...ght/1000736063
    Lasted less than 3 months with daily use. Light started to flicker and go out. changed the batteries.
    No better.

Have a similar Coast that I keep in the truck for when i go on site.
    https://www.homedepot.ca/product/coa...3445?rrec=true
    Good little flashlight, decent amount of light, but as mentioned above it flickers occasionally and requires kick.

The aluminum lights are good and tough, but not good for holding in your mouth when you need both hands.
    -Don____________

While on the subject of flashlights, any suggestions on LED work lights that are rechargeable for working on cars and projects around the house?

Quote Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
    While on the subject of flashlights, any suggestions on LED work lights that are rechargeable for working on cars and projects around the house?
    It was pricy but went this route while building the shop when I didn’t have power To save myself a plug on the generator. It’s light foldable and runs off a plug or a battery. I use it all the time now when I need more light.

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Produc...Lights/2135-20

I've been using a Coast HP7R for several years. Comes with rechargeable battery as well as AA battery pack. Works every time, bright as hell.

I use the Milwaukee LED 18v # 2735-20 as my workhorse. It is missing a magnetic strip to attach to the car and the light will not point down when sitting on the ground - hope you understand that problem.
    As a side note anybody going to have a table of mustang parts at the car swap meet at the International centre this weekend??

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenLips View Post
    I've been using a Coast HP7R for several years. Comes with rechargeable battery as well as AA battery pack. Works every time, bright as hell.
    my recommendation is not pen sized or magnetic mount BTW. I suspect the Coast brand to be decent across the product range but thats a guess.