Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  62
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which car(s) were you most happy to have gotten rid of?

Any of them blue?
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Any of them blue?
    As a matter of fact, yes. The 1986 Eurosport and the 2002 truck were both midnight blue.
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

1994 Pontiac Firebird Formula

On paper it was everything I wanted at the time. V8 and 6spd manual, t-tops, pop up headlights and a (subjectively) good looking package. In actuality it was not GM's finest hour of engineering (LT1 optispark), build quality or comfort.

I poured thousands in to it, long tubes, full exhaust, Lloyd Elliott ported heads and intake, Comp CC306 cam, MSD ignition, tuning, BMR suspension plus full Alpine audio system. I was rewarded with multiple breakdowns like the two time I drove it to St Thomas dragway only to have the fuel pump fail at the starting line first time and the ignition coil the second. Then came a sporadic misfire that could not be diagnosed and would only happen when it was wildly stressful (like driving to a work meeting or on a date). Finally one day after bleeding the coolant system for the 372nd time that month (post failed water pump and opti change) I decided it was running well enough to get a post wrench McD's, car dies immediately after ordering. After shame pushing the car out of the drive-thru it then decided to run fine again. I recall that moment was one of the most rage filled points of my life up to that point and had to restrain the urge to disassemble the car in the parking lot with my fists. Immediately went home, listed the car and then proceeded to have a profoundly miserable selling experience finally culminating in a sale many months later having not driven the car all summer for fear of having to pour more time and energy in to it rather opting to drive my winter beater Jimmy with a black interior and no AC instead.

Bought my Mustang 3 months later that fall and if you asked me 100 times if I was happy to ditch that F-Body for my Mustang I'd answer 150 times yes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Have a few Opti Spark rides we service, the kind of system that could make a saint curse n swear.
    A shame, really nice cars.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Have a few Opti Spark rides we service, the kind of system that could make a saint curse n swear.
    A shame, really nice cars.
    Opti alone didn't make me sell it. But add that to the OBD 1.5 system, complicated ignition system as a whole, engine bay layout that makes doing basic maintenance like spark plugs a weekend ordeal, and just overall piss poor reliability from my example. Plus like I said just never felt "right" in the interior where as every time I sit in my New Edge I just feel good.

If I were to try and ride that train again it would have to be a LS-era Trans Am but has to be a low mile cream puff.

I loved my '94 Trans Am to be honest... I miss it at times, for me it was very comfortable, handled extremely well from the factory, I just kept mine stock (cept for wheels and catback) as it was a DD/Winter car, had to drive to Montreal several times with it and was very comfy and loved the transmission, it shifted great!

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Opti alone didn't make me sell it. But add that to the OBD 1.5 system, complicated ignition system as a whole, engine bay layout that makes doing basic maintenance like spark plugs a weekend ordeal, and just overall piss poor reliability from my example. Plus like I said just never felt "right" in the interior where as every time I sit in my New Edge I just feel good.

If I were to try and ride that train again it would have to be a LS-era Trans Am but has to be a low mile cream puff.
    I hear ya, plug changes are bad enough, add new wires into the mix and things get ugly quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    I loved my '94 Trans Am to be honest... I miss it at times, for me it was very comfortable, handled extremely well from the factory, I just kept mine stock (cept for wheels and catback) as it was a DD/Winter car, had to drive to Montreal several times with it and was very comfy and loved the transmission, it shifted great!

Guess that's why restaurants have menus. Also yes I had forgotten how good the T56 in that car was. When I test drove it that was the first thing that stood out to me.

1999 BMW 328i. Had a sound system, flowmaster exhaust and it was lowered. Engine was great, granny decent but let me tell you, it was like being with a decently good looking chick that always shit in your bed after you changed the sheets. I’m pretty sure I paid my mechanics mortgage for 6 months straight. I Nick named the car Murphy after Murphy’s law. If I sneezed I had to replace a sensor. If it was cold it wouldn’t start. And the fob key never worked so I literally had to enter through the trunk and if I wanted out quick I had to dukes of hazard my self out the car. After this experience I will never buy German as long as I’m a regular man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

2006 civic

Bought it new. By the time it was four years old, it burnt oil like crazy, had a rear suspension issue that ate rear tires and the AC left the building.

Hated that POS.