Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  21

Thread: Protect yourself.

Post Protect yourself.

Buying a used car, always always always protect yourself with a CarFax.
    Case in point, deal on a Z06 popped up, wow the price is insane for such a low mileage said to be impeccable ride just reduced over 10k. Vin listed online so pulled a Car Fax report, accident 1 when all but brand new, two years later hit hard enough to be labeled as Salvage then rebuilt. Of course nothing in the sellers add beyond describing it as a cherry. No this was not a private ad but yes out of province. Another odd thing, no mileage reported on any renewals or services prior to it's current owner in spite of changing hands twice previously. Red flag after red flag on this one, I'll pass thanks. Maybe they would have told me in person, who knows, wasn't game for wasting a 6hr drive to find out. On the other hand, knock another 7g's off it and would make one super sweet track bitch.
    Are all salvage / rebuilt rides junk, nope. My first Cobra was branded, made getting into a sweet low miler extra affordable and treated me well over the years I had it. Just need to know exactly what your getting and pay accordingly. Another thing to know, at least some ins co's do not offer collision and sometimes even comp coverage on a branded vehicle. Check with yours before laying your cash down.

Very true. Especially if you consider a car from Quebec. Their disclosure laws are quite different and easy to get caught up in.
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert