Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  14

Thread: Spring rates for 2017

Spring rates for 2017

I ve got a 2017 PP1 and wondering about spring rates that car came with from factory , and what spring rate/shock combo would be a decent upgrade??

If it was mine, Ford Racing PP1 springs for your car combined with Koni S/A shocks n struts (or Bilstein). I would also do rear vertical links (delrin plus bearing only) at the same time. Contrary to the internet experts, they will not increase noise or screw the ride and provide a huge upgrade over poly or stock version.

Last time I saw that car at the track it was running circles around me. I’d say the current setup spring/shock is pretty damn good.
    -Don____________

RedSN Maybe it was the driver?? lol , I m hopin to make it to Track Days !! The car came with some shocks and springs, but I m not sure, should check them out what exactly they are , soon !!

I have no doubt the driver was a major factor. My philosophy is upgrade the parts that your skills have exceeded, …or broken LOL
    I’d be shocked if the car didn’t already have a set of Koni
    -Don____________

You shocked...........Koni or Bilsteins Don?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehot View Post
    RedSN Maybe it was the driver?? lol , I m hopin to make it to Track Days !! The car came with some shocks and springs, but I m not sure, should check them out what exactly they are , soon !!
    You got a Ford Performance spring set that lowers about an inch and stiffens things up a bit, and a set of Koni SA struts / shocks. I had picked those because the street ride wouldn't be too harsh but it would tighten things up enough for track use. If you give those a go I think that you would be satisfied.
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Hey Ed , ya , I was just wondering and haven t gotten into some of the spare parts, prob get those installed in the spring... gettin excited ... I ve already done a resonator delete , tune and installed the steering wheel !!

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    I have no doubt the driver was a major factor. My philosophy is upgrade the parts that your skills have exceeded, …or broken LOL
    I’d be shocked if the car didn’t already have a set of Koni
    Don, while in my hands the only mods were a set of adjustable front strut mounts to add some camber, the lighter squared wheel & tire set, and the Roush mufflers which the first owner had done. Otherwise all stock 2017 PP1.
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries