Hello all,

The Spring Barrie automotive flea market is fast approaching. I have always looked forward to attending and have done so every year since I was probably 8 years old.

In recent years the event has started to decline, largely due COVID restrictions preventing US vendors and local vendors from attending, as well as a general lull in attendance. Also in large part due to online classified platforms.

I have no affiliation with the event, other than I have reserved a booth (not that I expect to sell much) in order to bring a larger presence of actual automotive vendors back to the event.

The spring swap meet is June 1-4 this year.

I am hoping that some of the members here will be interested in vending or at least attending.

It would be a shame to see these local swap meets continue to fizzle out and die.
May seem like a strange request but the feeling these events brought me as a child; the treasure hunt, and anticipation is something that I want my kids to be able to continue to experience, as well as the art of the face to face negotiation that is inherent at swap meets.