Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  61
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Barrie automotive flea market

Barrie automotive flea market

Hello all,

The Spring Barrie automotive flea market is fast approaching. I have always looked forward to attending and have done so every year since I was probably 8 years old.

In recent years the event has started to decline, largely due COVID restrictions preventing US vendors and local vendors from attending, as well as a general lull in attendance. Also in large part due to online classified platforms.

I have no affiliation with the event, other than I have reserved a booth (not that I expect to sell much) in order to bring a larger presence of actual automotive vendors back to the event.

The spring swap meet is June 1-4 this year.

I am hoping that some of the members here will be interested in vending or at least attending.

It would be a shame to see these local swap meets continue to fizzle out and die.
    May seem like a strange request but the feeling these events brought me as a child; the treasure hunt, and anticipation is something that I want my kids to be able to continue to experience, as well as the art of the face to face negotiation that is inherent at swap meets.

I used to attend Barrie flea market every year. It really did decline in size and participation. I probably haven't gone in 15 years or more. I can only imagine how much it has declined since. Very sad. It was one the best market/carshow events to attend virtually anywhere in Ontario.

Great post Mike. I also remember going as a kid and into my teens every spring, summer and fall event. I haven't been in 20+ years, but this may be the year to head back and check it out.

Maybe get a cruise going there?

Quote Originally Posted by mavrrrick View Post
    That’s great idea

best of luck - I went to motorama this past weekend and it seemed a little lack luster but I guess that's to be expected considering what has been going on these past few years. I'm sure people will be itching to get out once the weather is good. I may head out will likely be looking for parts by then.
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Off my meds again
    Maybe people are sick of going to an automotive swap meet, and finding more shoe/clothing vendors than people selling car parts.

For much of my life, Dad and I attended every auto Flea market we could find each and every year. Drifted away from it for the exact reason posted above.

Quote Originally Posted by mavrrrick View Post
    I'd be interested in a cruise. Probably more interested in that than actually attending the market portion.

Quote Originally Posted by StAnger View Post
    Maybe people are sick of going to an automotive swap meet, and finding more shoe/clothing vendors than people selling car parts.
    The problem is the more of us that stay away from the automotive swap meets, the less automotive vendors are going to book spots and it perpetuates the issue.