Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  217
Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Watch Enthusiasts Thread!

WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    Breguet has some bezel/cases with that style also.
    tried on a 42mm Breguet chronograph earlier in the year while I was at the Store swapping straps on one of the pieces

was the same sales lady that sold the Seamaster to my wife....she kept saying "you must always buy UP"

the case on this piece had the sculpted lines running along the side of the case (horizontally)

was a very nice piece....but with a $14,000 price tag I told her if I wore it, I'd be wondering where the other two watches were

Whats the store called?
    I have been looking for an Oris dealer for a little bit now
    Beautiful watch btw

WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by NickD View Post
    Whats the store called?
    I have been looking for an Oris dealer for a little bit now
    Beautiful watch btw
    yeah....Oris dealers are few and far between in the GTA

http://cupidodesigns.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=16

I went to the Bayview Village location

Club Supporter
    Are they a Breguet dealer as well?

I normally get a watch for Christmas. This year I opted for car parts instead. Besides. I've never really had a watch that's worthy of an "enthusiast" post anyways. My nicest one is a peasantry $600
    Follow me on Instagram @ray721_14gt for car pics and general shenanigans

Because Rayscar!!!!

WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    Are they a Breguet dealer as well?
    no.....Breguet dealer in Bayview Village is Berani

http://berani.ca/

Club Supporter
    Picked this Frederique Constant up in early December. It was an impulse purchase because I've wanted a guilloche dial and it had the moonphase complication which is one I didn't have as yet, and the Breguet hands are a nice bonus. It's a newer Swiss brand but this model has their in-house FC-715 Manufacture automatic movement topped off with sapphire crystal on top and below, and an alligator strap. At 42mm, it's smaller than my other automatics so makes for a nice dress watch.

FC-715MC4H6_XL_8.jpg
    00aba70bf8a05be18aaffca86749b390_large.jpg
    FC-715S4H6_ZM_1.jpg
    1458648895frederiqueconstantclassicsmoonphaseautomaticmen_swatchfc715s4h6_4_1.jpg
    Last edited by 92redragtop; 01-17-2018 at 01:05 AM.

WTF
    ^^^ I like that....never heard of that brand before....they've got some nice looking pieces....definitely more on the dressy side

been digging into another brand I'd never heard of before....Mido (pronounced MeeDoe)

saw them at the shop where I got the latest Oris.....what got me looking was a lady's automatic that was only 28mm....thinking it would be nice for the wife.....and the price point wasn't even close to bone crushing....hard to find a small lady's automatic.....and one that's not priced like a car

and they make some real nice looking men's chronographs as well....with a lower price point than Oris

and the more I read about them....they seem highly rated but pretty much unknown in North America......looking like it could be a steal

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF View Post
    ^^^ I like that....never heard of that brand before....they've got some nice looking pieces....definitely more on the dressy side

been digging into another brand I'd never heard of before....Mido (pronounced MeeDoe)

saw them at the shop where I got the latest Oris.....what got me looking was a lady's automatic that was only 28mm....thinking it would be nice for the wife.....and the price point wasn't even close to bone crushing....hard to find a small lady's automatic.....and one that's not priced like a car

and they make some real nice looking men's chronographs as well....with a lower price point than Oris

and the more I read about them....they seem highly rated but pretty much unknown in North America......looking like it could be a steal
    I've heard good things about them also and almost pulled the trigger on one in the past. They are a micro brand that seems to have a following and use good off the shelf Swiss movements (ETA, etc) - pretty good value I think (you also get sapphire crystal, etc on a lot of models). Raymond Weil has some nice pieces at decent prices as well, especially for a not too big ladies watch.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF View Post

Yes, the FC line-up is definitely more on the dressy side but I've been using this Baume & Mercier Flyback Chronograph below as a dress watch but at 16.5mm thick it's pushing the envelope under a shirt sleeve whereas the FC at 12.4mm fits nicely for formal occasions. They're on par with the established brands in their category/tier in terms of quality/finish and now that they're making some of their own movements in-house they are they are putting out some price competitive timepieces with nice complications (moonphase, world timers, and now even a tourbillon).

Attachment 11592
    Attached Images Attached Images