Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  10

Thread: driving an eco-boost Mustang

driving an eco-boost Mustang

for various reasons, we decided to sell off my son ADam's 222 f-25o diesel. we were plowing with it, but didn't really have enough business to justify it, and since we could pretty much get what we paid for it on a trade, Adam went looking. unfortunately, Bill at heritage ford had nothing of interest in our price range, while mcAlpine ford had a bronco sport that fit his needs perfectly.
    on a Tuesday in January Rhonda and i went with Adam to the dealership to meet with the sales person Danielle, to make the deal.
    while there, Rhonda kept looking at [and even sat in] a black Mustang convertible on the showroom floor that had a red interior. alas, it was a 4 cylinder with an automatic, so i kind of sniffed in disdain.

our [well, mine] then current plan was to wait till the '24's came out and then get one, plus i was in the planning stages of getting my Avanti going ; still not happening but that's another story, so i wasn't really interested. however, the dealership really wanted our 'nineteen fusion hybrid [apparently hybrids are hot right now], so they made us a deal my wife couldn't say no to. her car, her choice.
    that Friday we picked the car up and i drove it for the first time. OMG. what have i done. sounds terrible, like two harleys side by side, and not very responsive. [turns out it was in snow mode].
    4 days later, with 4oo km on it, we headed off to Florida. the car was packed to the gunwales, [ amazing how much stuff you can pack into a mustang] and off we went. the owners manual said to take it easy for the first 16oo km, so we did.
    by the time we stopped at the end of the day, it was feeling a bit looser, and we'd been averaging 35 miles per gallon. can't complain about that.
    by the time we got to Boca, she was fully broken in, and i started playing with the various modes [ sport, snow, normal, track, and drag race] and paddle shifters. turns out, driven aggressively and with a firm right foot, and in sport or track mode, this little ecoboost steps out pretty good. and the paddles are fun.
    we came home 3 weeks later. i changed the oil while there[i always change the oil early on in a car's life in order to get rid of any break in contaminants]and it cost more than at a toronto dealership.
    anyway.
    we now have almost 1o,ooo km on the car. it's averaging overall about 3o miles per gallon. ive gotten used to it, and generally, it's quite fun. on days when i am in traffic, i don't miss the stickshift at all, and it's got more than enough power to stay in front of traffic.
    i have to say; i wasn't a fan of the black paint, but there is a certain something to be said in favour of it. a certain sinister look that other colours don't have.
    oh. and my wife is very happy.
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

You should have been a salesperson for Ford vehicles.