Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  17

Thread: locking gas cap, and photoblockers

locking gas cap, and photoblockers

I've been looking everywhere online for a locking gas cap for my 2022. am I the only one paranoid about some asshole putting something in my gas tank?

On another note. Does anyone know if those photo blocker sprays and license plate covers work? I know that there are plate covers that block from an angle, but they are easily detected by police and you can get fined for that. I'm talking about undetectable methods.

Ford makes an OE locking cap for capless set up.

2017-2021 MUSTANG GENUINE FORD OEM BU5Z-9C268-B LOCKING FUEL DOOR GAS CAP W KEYS

Photo blocker spray, researched some time back, consensus is "fail".

I doubt any of those “blocker” devises actually work. If you want to push your car to the limit, take it to the track and you won’t have to worry about it.

Thanks for the info ZR but I checked that part # and maybe it fits 2021, but it requires a slot on the inside of the opening to lock into. I checked my car and it doesn't have it. Also, I asked the parts dep of my dealership and they said ford doesn't make one. I'm hoping to find an aftermarket solution.

Thanks Stephen. I appreciate your help but I looked on Amazon. They do have a lot of them, but when I checked if they fit 2022 they give you a list of cars that it fits, and you can also search your particular car, and every time it said no.I also checked American racing and cjpony no luck there either. : (

Thanks, Stephen, but I won't be pushing my car to the limit until after the ford recommended break-in period.
    I'm just worried that with all the speed cameras, and there are a lot of them, there are 75 speed cameras in the city and the city is putting in another 75 now, ( what a money grab) they make millions per month with them! I could be caught going 10 kl over somewhere. or get caught going through a red, which doesn't happen often, but once and a while it happens. I'm only human. I can't afford for my insurance to go any higher.

Thanks ZR. I think you're right. The ones that do work are pretty obvious to police, and it's a big fine if you're caught with one.

Speed camera tickets don't affect your insurance since the driver is not identified. Same for red light cams.