Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Few Questions...

SteveEH
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    A bit late now, but why in the world would you prefer an OEM arm/ball joint assy? They're junk, good for what, 60k? Get a good aftermarket unit and be done. Also, swapping the arms is super easy, not sure what your dealer is smoking.
    The GT500 arms are a good choice.
    BTW, your can get a joint aftermarket for the arms......
    I heard the OEM were better then the aftermarket, according to multiple people. I usually alway say aftermarket is best, but I wasn't sure on the ball joints/control arms since they come as one piece.
    My Uncle and I will be swapping them in out driveway, so I guess that is why they said it would be a pain.
    I also heard you couldn't just change the ball joint, good to know, thanks.
    Last edited by SteveEH; 06-06-2014 at 11:21 PM.

Problem solver joint from MOOG = quality part that will go the distance.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveEH View Post
    I heard the OEM were better then the aftermarket, according to multiple people. I usually alway say aftermarket is best, but I wasn't sure on the ball joints/control arms since they come as one piece.
    My Uncle and I will be swapping them in out driveway, so I guess that is why they said it would be a pain.
    I also heard you couldn't just change the ball joint, good to know, thanks.
    OEM are not bett than aftermarket unless you're talking about Japanese cars, its easy enough to see how weak the stock units are on Mustang, not to mention most Fords.
    The arms are easy to change, with any kind of mechanical ability you should have no problem doing it on your back.

SteveEH
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    OEM are not bett than aftermarket unless you're talking about Japanese cars, its easy enough to see how weak the stock units are on Mustang, not to mention most Fords.
    The arms are easy to change, with any kind of mechanical ability you should have no problem doing it on your back.
    I don't know where I heard it, other then the dealer. Next time it will be aftermarket. My Uncle and I should be able to bang it off in a few hours.

You don't have to take the hangars off if you loosen the pipes at the band clamps after the cats. After struggling many times trying to get my hands in there to take the hangar off I simply loosened the clamps at the front and the pipes slip out and you can get the mufflers off. Much easier.

Slope
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Problem solver joint from MOOG = quality part that will go the distance.
    I keep MOOG Fox stuff on hand. Value for the money.

SteveEH
    Quote Originally Posted by bluetoy View Post
    You don't have to take the hangars off if you loosen the pipes at the band clamps after the cats. After struggling many times trying to get my hands in there to take the hangar off I simply loosened the clamps at the front and the pipes slip out and you can get the mufflers off. Much easier.
    Good to know, thanks for the info. I had to take the hangers off on both my old V6 and my new GT, and I thought the mufflers would just slide off instead of taken the hangers out, so that is why I asked in the first place.