Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  31

Thread: Is it OK to dust

Is it OK to dust

Sometimes my car is dusty but clean under the dust. I've asked a couple of people about this and they said It's best to wash it again and never use a duster or wipe the dust off.
    So why is it that when I go to car shows or watch one on TV, I often see people dusting their show cars with a big fluffy duster? I guess it's because they don't have the option to properly wash their cars once they are at the show.
    Please chime in people!!

~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

California duster work great !
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

Have one in my trunk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! I think I'll get one!

Buy a real "California Duster" , available at Can Tire or on Amazon !

California dusters are great for dusting your furniture but not your paint.

Invest in good quality waterless wash sprays and microfibre towels. Finish with a spray detailer and a lower pile microfibre cloth to prevent streaks on paint. Check out 3D products for much of the above.

Some other good brands as well like Rag company, Adams or some Sonax products as well.

IMG_0834.jpeg
    FABMAN

I agree 100% with Fabman. Stay away from those California Dusters. Those dusters accumulate the dust. Am I right? Where does it go? It stays on the duster. What you are doing is adding micro scratches into the paint. A waterless wash and again I stress to get a good quality Microfibre towel to remove the light dust. I do not recommend using this method with a dirty car. There is a separate process for using waterless wash using a special sponge.

Quote Originally Posted by FABMAN View Post
    California dusters are great for dusting your furniture but not your paint.

Invest in good quality waterless wash sprays and microfibre towels. Finish with a spray detailer and a lower pile microfibre cloth to prevent streaks on paint. Check out 3D products for much of the above.

Some other good brands as well like Rag company, Adams or some Sonax products as well.

IMG_0834.jpeg

Thanks for that advice FABMAN. I love your car. I almost bought a grey one like yours but ended up with black.