Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  10

Thread: Auto theft

Auto theft

With all the auto thefts going on in the GTA I've been thinking that I should do something to protect myself.
    I thought of two options. I could get a GPS tracking device so I could find my car if it gets stolen, or I could get a kill switch installed, or both!
    Let me know what you guys think, and let me know where I could get a kill switch installed. My dealership said that they wouldn't do it.

They'll be able to detect the tracking device, the kill switch may help however...the car gets put in an enclosed trailor or tow truck - you're done.
    Best is to have really good insurance lol.

Club Supporter
    Not sure how they work but I've read about people/police finding cars where an Apple Tag was hidden in the car (but I think these can be located if they have time to scan the car at close proximity). Unfortunately, doesn't prevent the theft like the kill switch.

I inherited a kill switch type security system on my 98 SVT Cobra. Required a 4 digit code to be entered before the car would start. Can't recall the name, but I'd go with something like that again. As Zee said, if they are pro's, and really want your car, they're going to take it (tow/trailer it), but the amateurs will be stumped.

Quote Originally Posted by Gr8Stang View Post
    they're going to take it
    This.

Thieves are assholes. Also very resourceful.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    Not sure how they work but I've read about people/police finding cars where an Apple Tag was hidden in the car (but I think these can be located if they have time to scan the car at close proximity). Unfortunately, doesn't prevent the theft like the kill switch.
    Theres a jailbroken app to detect apple tags.
    Our R&D team is having a nightmare trying to get ahead of all these vehicle thefts.