Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best budget performance tires?

Best budget performance tires?

Looking for first hand experience and recommendations for performance street tires. The rears will be 305/40/18 and the fronts will be 285/45/18

I'm currently running the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s on my car. They are good on the street and have also performed very well during lapping days. Give Fast Ed a call for pricing. Before the Firestones I ran the Nitto 555s, which were also a good tire for both street and lapping and I hear the newer generation are just as good. Are either of them the best, probably not, but for the money they perform very well.

I just put Continental Extremecontact Sports on mine two summers ago. Very pleased

Have Falken Azenis FK510's on another car and they are very nice budget summer tires.

Also you know your listed tire sizes are a reverse rake correct? As in the front will be an inch taller overall package than the rear and have proportionally more sidewall. A 275/45R18 would be a nearly identical match in overall diameter and proportions.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Pure street driver tires, have Nitto 555 gen II on both my current + several former rides, great all round tire that is also easy on the wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen06GT View Post
    I'm currently running the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s on my car. They are good on the street and have also performed very well during lapping days. Give Fast Ed a call for pricing. Before the Firestones I ran the Nitto 555s, which were also a good tire for both street and lapping and I hear the newer generation are just as good. Are either of them the best, probably not, but for the money they perform very well.
    Also very happy with my Indy 500's

Another vote for the Indy 500's.

i had michelins on my '15. they were replacement tires. not so great. noisy and rough. my Jag came from the factory with pirellis. terrific tires. eventually replaced them with continentals. good drivers, grippy and quiet, but the cords were showing at 12,ooo km
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

+1 on the Indy 500 tires. Have been pleased with them so far.
    FABMAN

I remember reading on one of the threads that some tires required to be stored indoors during winter.

Does this apply to the above mentioned tires? I ask this since my 04 sleeps outside during winter.
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

I put General Gmax RS on my Focus ST. They were quite a bit cheaper than Indy 500s at the time, and I have zero complaints about them (so far....1 year later).
    '15 Focus ST
    '18 Edge Sport