Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  62
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which car(s) were you most happy to have gotten rid of?

Which car(s) were you most happy to have gotten rid of?

This thread is the flip side of the coin to the which Mustang do you miss. Only difference is this doesn’t need to be a Mustang or even a Ford for that matter. It’s more about which car(s) you were most happy to get rid of.

For me, it is a close tie and yes they were both Fords…

1st POS, my red 1995 Probe GT 5-speed that I sold in 2000. Great looking car in bright red with grey “leather” but that’s where the good news ends.

So happy to get rid of that POS, nothing but problems. Bought it in 1997 and sold it in 2000. Had issues with interior, sunroof, rear brakes actually caught fire once as the rear callipers kept seizing! Topped by electrical issues and general garbage build quality and expensive repairs.

It was in the dealership so much that they actually knew me by voice when I called in (before call display). I had a summit Ford loaner so much that people thought I worked there (not kidding).

2nd POS, a new 2008 Ford Edge Limited. It was the only vehicle that I never finished the 3 year lease on. Mainly issues with sync, electronics issues and general garbage build quality.

This last one turned me off Fords for nearly 10 years and even to this day I think the only Ford I would buy is a Mustang.
    FABMAN

86 ford taurus and 98 chevy 1500 What shyte heaps.

but the worst money pit was 2008 450 king ranch….. it was awesome for 200,000 after that it was like glass, once it cracked everything went…. Nothing work, this vehicle pushed me into dodges 2500/3500 and haven’t looked back. Pure garbage

My '11 GMC Sierra, while engine n trans were rock solid, rest of the truck was a never ending headache + it was rusting like a biatch.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    My '11 GMC Sierra, while engine n trans were rock solid, rest of the truck was a never ending headache + it was rusting like a biatch.
    Opposite with my Mazda ‘87 B2600. Truck was awesome, engine (Mitsubishi) was a POS. It’s the only vehicle I have owned that I was not sad to see go.

-Don____________

My 2006 Honda Civic Si. 196 SAE hp / 8300 rpm redline. Strong chassis. Fun car. Nvidia Q300 exhaust, so it was very quiet but had 2.75” piping. Lowered on Tein and Konis. Had the car for 13 years so I was quite attached to it. Been through a lot with that car.

C26DD2FC-FC8F-41EB-BFD2-6D3641D83D72.jpeg
    2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx

It wasn't mine but I had the displeasure of driving it many times.
    I was glad when my father sold my grandfathers 1977 Olds Cutlass Supreme.

Although extremely reliable it was by far the most gutless underpowered car I've ever driven.
    Gutless to the point of being dangerous with next to no passing power.
    It also handled like shit,brakes were ok.
    It had a 260 Olds V-8 rated at a whopping 110hp.

2000 Chrysler 300M that I bought used in 2005 with 110k on it. Started off great and I loved driving it. Huge upgrade over my 98 sunfire gt that I spent way too much money modifying haha. Around 2008/09 and now with 175/180k on it the whole front basically fell apart. One thing after another and a lot of the time the same parts kept failing. Was able to offload it during one of its non broken periods. Completely turned me off dodge products for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by LX89 View Post
    It wasn't mine but I had the displeasure of driving it many times.
    I was glad when my father sold my grandfathers 1977 Olds Cutlass Supreme.

Although extremely reliable it was by far the most gutless underpowered car I've ever driven.
    Gutless to the point of being dangerous with next to no passing power.
    It also handled like shit,brakes were ok.
    It had a 260 Olds V-8 rated at a whopping 110hp.
    I had a 77 Cutlass, and it was even more gutless than your grandfather’s as mine only had a V-6, but I loved that car. I wish I still had it but the Fisher Body didn’t last.

We had a 80’s Cutlass Supreme. Traded for a 91 Lumina Euro 3.1. 140hp V6 lol.
    2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx

In 1986 we factory ordered a Chevy Eurosport mid size wagon with the high output (140 horsepower) engine. An absolute piece of junk. Major problems with staying in tune; alignment, a brake light switch that would burn the fuse weekly, (we took it to 3 different dealers, on at least 15 occasions till they finally fixed it) and on a highway trip the steering rack seized and the car would not turn left. I took it to the dealer, had it fixed(a major project in itself as there were 3 different racks listed for the car: of course they ordered the wrong one, twice). I sold it, and bought a Dodge minivan instead. It wasn't the most reliable either but we went on to own 7 Chrysler minivans over the next 20 years.
    In 2002 I bought a 2002 Chev 2500 4x4 pickup with the plow package. Also no end of problems, as it would overheat. Another 20 trips to the dealer to fix.
    My father in law had a 1986 Cadillac, bought new, which spent nearly as much time at the dealer as on the road, and a 2002 Chevy dump truck we bought new literally blew up at 10,000 km.
    I decided then: no more GM's. Since then I've had 7 Mustangs, 3 Fusions, 4 F-150's, 3 F550s, a couple of F350s and 3 F250s. Not a single warranty claim amongst them all. None.
    A close 3rd was a 2004 Nissan Murano. A pig on gas, extremely expensive maintenance, spongy brakes that were replaced 3 times in 80,000 km. No more Nissans for me.
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert