Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  48

Thread: What restomod would you most want to build?

What restomod would you most want to build?

Time for another discussion thread…

Like the title says, what restomod would you build if you could?

For me, it’s pretty easy choice. Always loved 70-73 split bumper Camaros followed closely by its cousin the 70-73 trans am. Third choice would be likely a 70 GTO hardtop.

Would have to be LS powered, preferably with a factory supercharger setup like an LS6, modern suspension, big brakes, ac, Bluetooth and power everything. Most importantly running on something like 305/30/18 square setup so it can handle.

Camaro would be Cortez silver with black stripes.
    IMG_0217.jpeg

Trans Am would be blue with white oem style stripe.
    IMG_0214.jpeg

GTO, would be orange or black.
    IMG_0216.jpeg

Interesting to see what everyone’s top 3 picks are.
    FABMAN

77 Cutlass Supreme Firethorn Red with a built Olds 455, upgraded brakes and suspension

67 Bronco, Blue with a white top and tan interior powered by 7.3 Godzilla motor again with upgraded brakes and suspension

65 Mustang Fastback in Windveil Blue with GT350R drivetrain, brakes and suspension.

Any Singer 911

When my father sold the farm he asked me if there was anything I wanted to keep. My only wish was the ‘36, but I had no room for it. And to be honest: neither the time or the budget for a resto-mod. But this is the one car I would have liked to have tried.

Some sort of a Frankenstein custom straight eight based on splitting a 426 or 440. Proper stance and suspension and wheels. Would have kept the paint scheme.

Maybe not exactly a resto-mod, not a rat-rod. A cool custom.
    -Don____________

https://i.postimg.cc/KvQKkJ6C/1970-F...auler-005.webp

This! Tow rig and car.
    Car would have a big fuel injected push rod engine. 408 or Godzilla maybe. Roll cage too but have a full interior.
    Last edited by 1BAD92LX; 06-03-2023 at 03:35 PM.
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

For me - '55 Chevy resto mod hands down. Something like below.

~Scott B

i own a 71 Avanti. the plan was to do a full restomod; chevy ls motor, modern automatic, Corvette style quad exhaust, show quality paint job. rack and pinion steering, you name it. i worked up a budget, even got my wife's opinion. i went to 3 different hot rod shops only to find that it was less than half of what i would really need. then we had a bad year and the money is mostly spent on other things, so i guess for now we'll just get it running and be done.
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

Would love to build a 930 Turbo similar to the Singer Turbo Study

Also on the list is I would love love love to build a 68 Mercury Cyclone GT in a pro-touring build. Never seen one done before, love to slam it, bigger modern forged wheels, modern lighting, flush trims and glass, 7.3 Godzilla inside the bay, custom interior

Finally would love to build a resto-mod OBS F250/F350, Drop it on a modern F250 chassis with coils up front and a modern 6.7 with weight reduction, modern seats and stereo with a fully noise insulated cabin.

Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

If I had to pick just one... it would definitely be a C10

Lowered on a built chassis. LS7 making 600 NA. Auto. Big brakes, alot of tire. Original patina paint if possible, if not, either a deep blue or a red or Orange. Undecided if I would keep the trim or not. Probably would.
    Roll pan in the back. A dark wood colour for the bed. Black interior with A/c, solid stero & backup camera.

8e856c3eef99abc8b7efe7db936247f7.jpg
    1282750_1.jpg
    patina-1971-chevy-c10-doesnt-feel-blue-due-to-iron-resurrection-and-lsa-v8-touches-203788_1.jpg
    004-1965-1972-chevrolet-c10-pickup-west-passenger-front.jpg

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'