Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  14

Thread: Motive Products - Self Brake Bleeder Review

Motive Products - Self Brake Bleeder Review

Bled the brakes on the Boss today. Had wanted to do for some time as the fluid was looking pretty dirty and hoping to get in a track day at the new track north of Calgary.

The process to use the Motive bleeder is really simple: fill the Motive container up with your brake fluid of choice, attach cap (comes with purchase) to your brake fluid reservoir, pump the unit up to 15 PSI (gauge on unit) and then proceed to each of your calipers, crack open the bleeder and watch the fluid flow till clear - Note: make sure you hold the catch container (your empty brake fluid bottle will do) above the bleeder screw itself. When satisfied that fluid is good, close bleeder.

When your done, simply unscrew the cap slowly ON THE MOTIVE container and the air pressure will release. Your brake fluid reservoir will be full, so be careful when you remove the Motive cap. I used a syringe to take out some fluid. Put the cap back on and you're done. Go in your car and pump your brake till it stiffens up.

Here's a link to the Motive Products site. They list the different Mustang Model years and the part# you need: https://www.motiveproducts.com/

I bought mine from Amazon, but you may want to check FB Marketplace or Kijiji as they do come up for sale periodically.

Lastly, I found 1 bleeder on my Brembo that appeared to be clogged, so I'm going to remove and try to clean it up, or worst case, replace it.
    Last edited by Gr8Stang; 06-15-2023 at 06:54 PM.

Thanks for the review. I might consider one of these.
    -Don____________

I purchased one 2 years ago along with the aluminum cap, used the plastic one supplied for my year mustang and did a brake flush and fill 2 weekends ago. Super easy to use, mess free, set up a catch container at each caliper and was done in an hour and a half going around twice taking my time. I highly recommend it. Only prob was getting the plastic cap on and off the master cylinder. Lots of YouTube videos on this product in use.
    Last edited by lilrifraf666; 06-30-2023 at 10:09 AM.

I've been using a tube and bag to catch the fluid. Very convenient and no worries on knocking anything over or overflowing. I got mine from SpeedBleeder but offered from a number of sources or just DIY.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/r...waAivDEALw_wcB