Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  36
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got my car dyno tuned

Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    Is there a reason why the power and torque lines are squiggly and not smooth?
    Normal, dyno operator doesn't have some insane smoothing correction applied.

Decent numbers. What size TB are you running and is it still stock plenum?
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    Yes Sir, Ford Racing kit.
    Ok so rules out stretched chain or similar, might want to review combo as I suspect there is more h/p n t/q hiding there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Ok so rules out stretched chain or similar, might want to review combo as I suspect there is more h/p n t/q hiding there somewhere.
    Glad you said it. My car made 315whp with my Comp 262s which are a similar cam and didn't fall off power that early. My setup at that time was Comp 262s, C&L plenum, 75mm TB, JLT cold air, ORX with stock manifolds and Flowmaster mufflers. I went one heat range colder on the NGKs plugs, OE Motorcraft coils, aeromotive 340 pump, stock injectors and rails. Car was running Shell 91.

Feel like either the car isn't getting enough air to make use of the cams or something else is amiss.

Things to check are TB/Plenum. If you have a cheapy TB and plenum combo CHUCK EM for a good Accufab combo or C&L.

Intake manifold. If you have the Dorman (integrated gasket) replacement manifold THROW IT IN THE THE TRASH IMMEDIATELY. I lost 10hp at peak and 3 tenths in the 1/4 on a Dorman vs the FRPP replacement intake manifold.

Air intake. I found the big JLT in fender setup made the most power on my N/A combo vs anything else I tried (K/N/Steeda/eBay) and showed best average IATs on my scanner.

Cats if they're an old mid pipe setup might be good for a few HP vs a modern GESI high flow.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Normal, dyno operator doesn't have some insane smoothing correction applied.

Decent numbers. What size TB are you running and is it still stock plenum?
    Gotcha!
    75mm TB with Dragon plenum.

I was thinking the same thing, i bet there's some more power hiding in there because the combination isnt set up right.

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Glad you said it. My car made 315whp with my Comp 262s which are a similar cam and didn't fall off power that early. My setup at that time was Comp 262s, C&L plenum, 75mm TB, JLT cold air, ORX with stock manifolds and Flowmaster mufflers. I went one heat range colder on the NGKs plugs, OE Motorcraft coils, aeromotive 340 pump, stock injectors and rails. Car was running Shell 91.

Feel like either the car isn't getting enough air to make use of the cams or something else is amiss.

Things to check are TB/Plenum. If you have a cheapy TB and plenum combo CHUCK EM for a good Accufab combo or C&L.

Intake manifold. If you have the Dorman (integrated gasket) replacement manifold THROW IT IN THE THE TRASH IMMEDIATELY. I lost 10hp at peak and 3 tenths in the 1/4 on a Dorman vs the FRPP replacement intake manifold.

Air intake. I found the big JLT in fender setup made the most power on my N/A combo vs anything else I tried (K/N/Steeda/eBay) and showed best average IATs on my scanner.

Cats if they're an old mid pipe setup might be good for a few HP vs a modern GESI high flow.
    I've got a factory stock intake, no cracks or anything. My cats are good, i've got high flows... back when i was having fuel pump issues we ran the car and data logged - the cats were performing well.
    And I spent good money on the MHS Stage 2 cams, even had them degreed.
    Maybe my cats are limiting the power? Whats C&L?
    My air intake is in the fender with a heat shield
    So theres definitely something amiss here
    I was very disappointed at the over all power numbers because i thought I'd hit atleast 300 to the wheels ...i mean ... how much of a hog are these 2V's?!
    Last edited by Zee; 07-06-2023 at 03:52 PM.

Side note, didn't ask to make you feel bad.
    As a comparison, last time on the dyno Ross's combo made 282/319 with stock cams on a conservative tune geared towards foot to the floor lapping. Good place to start, do a piece by piece review of your combo.
    Saw you also said new springs, spec'd by MHS as well? As said above, thought it would have trucked harder to 6000 maybe more before it started to drop off.
    Did you do compression / leak down before cams?
    Numbers aside, has to be a ton more fun vs when it was stock. Also, dyno's n dyno sheets don't win races.

Side note, didn't ask to make you feel bad.
    As a comparison, last time on the dyno Ross's combo made 282/319 with stock cams on a conservative tune geared towards foot to the floor lapping. Good place to start, do a piece by piece review of your combo.
    Saw you also said new springs, spec'd by MHS as well? As said above, thought it would have trucked harder to 6000 maybe more before it started to drop off.
    Did you do compression / leak down before cams?
    Numbers aside, has to be a ton more fun vs when it was stock. Also, dyno's n dyno sheets don't win races.
    Oh no worries at all brother!
    I myself was abit disappointed at the numbers because I thought it would hit 300 atleast lol
    Getting only a measily 11 hp more than stock cams with a conservative tune - that isnt good at all.
    I didnt do a compression or leak down - I must have missed that in my readings
    It definitely is alot more fun, doesnt run so rich and rough and has power through every gear.
    I wish it had more of a lump at idle but I guess i should have gone for the Todd Warren cams if i wanted that.