Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Aftermarket Stereo/alarm puzzler

Aftermarket Stereo/alarm puzzler

I've got an issue that's puzzling me with my stereo/alarm. Car was in storage with battery out for 4 years, and now neither turn on or work.

Not a Mustang, but a 92 Lexus SC400. Clifford alarm, Kenwood double DIN. Worked fine prior to storage.

I haven't diagnosed beyond pushing the power button.

Fuse or rodent damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

update.

It's the deck, which I paid 1300 for in 2017. Took it to EHR who sold it and the rest of the system to me. After initial disinterest in me even though I had receipts in hand, I got a grudging test and "yeah it's the deck" not booting. These things only last a few years.

Gonna take it to the Kenwood/JVC repair depot but I don't see a resolution that doesn't cost me money. I have another double DIN that was destined for my 91 build. I'm gonna try that. Apparently sitting unpowered isn't good for them. I did have the battery in for a few days prior to start up which should have been enough to charge the capacitors. A 30 year old factory radio will work but apparently modern gear has a shelf life, so the EHR guy says.

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Fuse or rodent damage.
    that was 1st thing I checked on btw, nope, and nope. Rodent was my big fear, so I'll take this as "good news"..

I sell some electronics for electric motors, we recommend the capacitors get charged annually