Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Source for pricing old car parts?

Source for pricing old car parts?

Is there any on line source for finding out what specifics car parts have sold for?

Specifically things like an old motor. I know one motor can be worth big money while another one nothing l.

Listing stuff is such a pita anymore. Would be nice to have a source that indicates if it’s even worth trying or best to just send to scrap.

Maybe Hemmings?

https://www.hemmings.com/

eBay searches can help, as can looking on forums for that specific car or truck. If it's real hard to find that exact thing generally I used to try to find a newer version of that car or part and price it similar to that.

Lately all I do with old or not needed parts is offer to friends for cost or to use until I need it at which point return it or gimme enough to buy a replacement or store them. I can't handle selling things anymore, used to be nice and fair almost fun to do the transaction now its rife with fucktards who try the " yo I got (20% of asking price) in CASH today I come get it" or liars who try the "please can I have it for free my son/daughter/relative is sick and I need this Kenne Bell boost a pump and harness to cheer them up" BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    eBay searches can help, as can looking on forums for that specific car or truck. If it's real hard to find that exact thing generally I used to try to find a newer version of that car or part and price it similar to that.

Lately all I do with old or not needed parts is offer to friends for cost or to use until I need it at which point return it or gimme enough to buy a replacement or store them. I can't handle selling things anymore, used to be nice and fair almost fun to do the transaction now its rife with fucktards who try the " yo I got (20% of asking price) in CASH today I come get it" or liars who try the "please can I have it for free my son/daughter/relative is sick and I need this Kenne Bell boost a pump and harness to cheer them up" BS.
    Yes it’s that crap I just want to avoid if possible. Lol

I don't know how many parts you are looking to place a value on, but if only a "few" I would try a call or visit to The Guild and/or RM Restorations in Blenheim.
    Sometimes a nice request to a pro operation does come with a reply or maybe even an offer to buy your stuff.
    In US still a lot of almost underground forums for old cars and trucks with For Sale stuff, but just finding or searching them out is the big problem.
    I have found a lot out by misspelling of words, new computer stuff uses two words but when we were in school those same words were joined together as one.
    Does make a difference to some old timers when posting stuff.
    Good luck.

If you just want it gone, put a low price on it and see what happens. Either it sells at that price, or somebody will eventually negotiate.

I’ve sold a few items that I obviously missed the market on. Left a bunch of money on the table, but who cares. Somebody got a deal, and I got cash and freed up space.
    Both times was vintage stuff. One was a BMX bike, the other an RC buggy, both 80’s era stuff.
    -Don____________

Wtf Don, I didn’t see a BMX for sale!!!!!

For parts I usually take a quick look online and if they’re not worth much I just toss them, even though I hate Facebook it’s the best place to look and get pricing.