Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  10

Thread: Need Input/Debating A Change

Need Input/Debating A Change

So currently my car is basically the following:

2V Stock long block
    Comp 262AH cams with springs and retainers
    Vortech V3 S/C w/ a 3.33 Pully (10psi w/ PowerPipe)
    Snow Boost by Meth

Was a good/neat setup 10 years ago when I installed it all but TBH the meth kit doesn't fill me with joy between, buying, filling and monitoring and also my IATs still climb when not in boost. Initially I have been looking for a good used Aftercooler (water to air) to complete the kit to make it a little more finished and less race car vibes. However those are all $2000.00 plus it seems which leads me to my next thought which was sell the Vortech and piece together a Tork Tech kit. I gain the intercooler and possibly some down low torque and I think cash outlay after selling my current kit would be about the same $2000.

Biggest issue for me is going Tork Tech is going to take me a long time to piece together and install plus I have to get the car re-tuned which is a giant added headache having to find a tuner and bring the car to Toronto. Not a ton of Tork Tech 2V real world reviews I can find vs a Vortech for driveability and reliability, if I did go that route it would be paired to a stock M112 Cobra Eaton.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

The addition of a PD blower is an entirely different experience vs a Centri with it's big low RPM torque. Tuning, DCT is a no brainer and well worth your trip to Toronto, bet he could email you a base tune to get it fired, extremely easy going guy to deal with. If your looking at about a 400/400 set up, don't overlook the M90 but for above that you need either KB or M112 / Tork Tech.
    As for IAT's climbing when not in boost, it's more common vs what the internet would have you believe. It takes the bypass closing and the additional air it brings to start temps back into the right direction. When I had the Cobra, most effective in the fight against high IAT's, oil cooler.

Ideally would want a 425-450hp car. I think that would be enough to keep me happy with this one for a while. M90 being the older Saleen/Roush kits correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Yes Roush / Saleen kit.
    Bit of a stretch to reach that h/p without overdriving beyond where it's happy.

I was looking at the tork tech kit but was instantly turned off on them due to hood clearance. Some guys put K member spacers to make it fit... but I'd rather not wreck the geometry of the suspension...
    Last edited by Zippy; 09-13-2023 at 01:37 PM.

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

I would keep what you have…install an oil cooler and upgrade the cooling system if required. (If stock).
    Much easier throwing a couple bucks at it VS the alternative.