Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  164
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Current driving "trends" that annoy the fuck out of me

Notice how many pedestrians are getting hit on pretty much a daily basis and a lot of the time more than one per day.

It's stunning how many people don't look both ways when crossing a road/street/path/trail.
    Even when I ride my bike I've had countless people and kids walk in front of me without looking.

When I was a kid in the early public school grades the police would come into the school and teach us road safety.
    I think the program was called Elmer The Safety Elephant.

It worked.
    I always look both ways before crossing a street/road,etc and I don't start crossing until all vehicles have stopped.It's like an automatic reaction,every time.

I don't know if they still do this in schools but if they don't they should.
    If you have kids drill it into their head what I just said,it might save their life or prevent them from being seriously injured.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LX89 View Post
    Notice how many pedestrians are getting hit on pretty much a daily basis and a lot of the time more than one per day.

It's stunning how many people don't look both ways when crossing a road/street/path/trail.
    Even when I ride my bike I've had countless people and kids walk in front of me without looking.

When I was a kid in the early public school grades the police would come into the school and teach us road safety.
    I think the program was called Elmer The Safety Elephant.

It worked.
    I always look both ways before crossing a street/road,etc and I don't start crossing until all vehicles have stopped.It's like an automatic reaction,every time.

I don't know if they still do this in schools but if they don't they should.
    If you have kids drill it into their head what I just said,it might save their life or prevent them from being seriously injured.
    "Smart" Phones......this is the real 5G de-population strategy.

while no one wants to die, greater longevity is a drain on society.

just as no one diet strategy is the only successful strategy, more than one strategy can be used for any agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by LX89 View Post

Basic common sense, make eye contact before crossing. I've encountered many pedestrians crossing the road or parking lots without even turning their head to acknowledge if I'm going to stop.

What do all of the above complaints have in common??? Easily addressed if the powers to be enforced the laws long since on the books and cleaned this flippin mess up.

Trying to get onto Hwy 6 after visiting my folks and everyone is parked in the right lane.

Wide open space in the left lane, you think any of them would move over so I can get on the hwy?
    So frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    What do all of the above complaints have in common??? Easily addressed if the powers to be enforced the laws long since on the books and cleaned this flippin mess up.
    Take to social media and raise public outrage. Either that or make enforcement financially attractive to the leadership class

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    Trying to get onto Hwy 6 after visiting my folks and everyone is parked in the right lane.

Wide open space in the left lane, you think any of them would move over so I can get on the hwy?
    So frustrating.
    The power of sheep behaviours is unbeatable. Safety in numbers is a feature, not a bug (but no guarantee of being the right thing to do)