Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  164
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Current driving "trends" that annoy the fuck out of me

Current driving "trends" that annoy the fuck out of me

1 - People driving with their high beams on. Have some fucking courtesy to those with retinas and turn them the fuck off when others are around. Maybe glance down at your instrument panel every once in a while during your self absorbed day and see if the blue high beam light is on when it shouldn't be.

2 - You're cruising along the highway or in slow traffic on the highway and approaching an ON ramp, some self entitled asshole(s) intentionally changes lanes into the on ramp to speed up and get a few cars ahead and expect to be let back into the lane. Not a fucking chance I'm letting you in you self entitled asshole. You can wait traffic out like the rest of us OR get yourself organized and plan better so you're not is such a rush.

Post up current driving "trends" that annoy the fuck out of you.

I hope no one here is #1 or2 above but if you are, you know how I feel about you

I want to know when red lights and stop signs became a just a suggestion. This is especially true in Vaughan where you get honked at if you actually stop at a red light before making a right turn.

people who have to pull out in front of you, causing you to have to brake, despite no cars behind. then fail to do the speed limit or worse slam on the breaks to make the very next turn.

the surprising amount of people (usualy old) who drive stupid slow. 5-10 km below the speed limit on the country roads, but them blow threw town at the very same speed. 75 in an 80 out in the country, and then 75 threw town. usualy can also be seen ignoring stop signs and failing to use signals.

people who cant drive a steady speed. always fluctuating over a difference of 30-40 km/h and usualy tend to speed up when its safe to pass and slow down when there are oncoming cars.

people who drive in snow storms and fog with their hazards on.

people wo don't understand the right of way sequence.

To me, my number one is the root cause of all of the above, no proper on road law enforcement. Yup, we all see the chicken shit radar traps at speed transition zones, hiding on or behind brides and down hills but on a day to day basis you see virtually zero presence out on the roads doing anything about whats now become part of our daily driving lives. Not a drive without something with an AK47 tune blasting away, cars blowing reds, being cut off, 3, 4 or 5 lane swings to either get off at the next ramp they didn't plan for of just weave through traffic, our roads are a war zone. Nothing but endless talk about road safety but no real action that matters. Personally thought shows like Canada's Worst Driver would bring to light how clearly corrupted our testing system is across the country but it made no difference either. I will also never stop being pissed about my personal insurance rates are based on driving in among those that are poor drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    people who have to pull out in front of you, causing you to have to brake, despite no cars behind. then fail to do the speed limit or worse slam on the breaks to make the very next turn.
    I forgot about this one, thank you for posting it.
    I feel in this situation the person pulling out in front of you isn't thinking: is it safe? Can I wait 3 more seconds until after you go by since there's no one behind you? They are treating it as "can I make it (safe or not)".
    And once you pass them for driving slow after they pulled in front of you, they ride your ass at a speed faster than when you were behind them (and likely with their high beams on too).

Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANGWOP View Post
    2 - You're cruising along the highway or in slow traffic on the highway and approaching an ON ramp, some self entitled asshole(s) intentionally changes lanes into the on ramp to speed up and get a few cars ahead and expect to be let back into the lane. Not a fucking chance I'm letting you in you self entitled asshole. You can wait traffic out like the rest of us OR get yourself organized and plan better so you're not is such a rush.
    This is my #1. It drives me insane. My daily commute on the 404 sees this constantly. Makes me wish I had a go-go-gadget spring loaded giant sideways punching glove.

Missing from the list, and my #2, is people driving through parking lots completely ignoring drive aisles.

#3 drivers in the left lane of a double lane advance green drifting into the right lane.

-Don____________

I am going to send my wife this thread. She is now seeing how frustrated I get because of these shit drivers.

I will add on this list these ones.

1. Its getting dark out and or it is already dark out and zero lights on the vehicle. aka the "Ghost vehicle".
    2. People driving 50 kph in a 80 kph zone along Hwy 7 for example. There is always at least one that does that in the passing lane.

driver tests are not about qualifying competent drivers. It's tax collection, more like a toll.

I drive a beater often and welcome any dipshit to plow into me. I bought it for less than book value and it'll probably get written off for anything more than a scratch. What frustrates me is that a few times I have taken evasive maneuvers simply because I wanted to get to my destination on time.

I do often travel at 95km/hr on 100 highways, simply for better economy (carbon tax). I do strictly practice right lane discipline, getting out of the way of faster divers. This seems to frustrate the pass on the right crowd, but if I see one coming I wait. I do speed up if impeding a transport.

When driving my 31 year old Lexus I'm deathly afraid of some dipshit T boning me. No way I'd recover the value of my resto work. I did convert to HID's and have four HID high beams, that's right four separate projectors. I've only recently put it back on the road and haven't had occasion to spar with oncoming high beams, but it will be like eye surgery.

We've all been in bumper to bumper and cars merging from the right hand ramp pass us by and slip in way ahead. Let's face it, it's the best strategy. Zooming up as far as you can and pushing in is rewarded with a "better" position so people do it. Human nature will get more of behaviors that are rewarded and less of behaviors that are punished. The logical method would be to zipper the merging cars in between the existing traffic but no one does that so we're reduced to defending our rolling bubble of personal space.

Does yelling at the windshield or winging online solve anything?

I feel better already, lookout dog, there's a kick loading.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    To me, my number one is the root cause of all of the above, no proper on road law enforcement. Yup, we all see the chicken shit radar traps at speed transition zones, hiding on or behind brides and down hills but on a day to day basis you see virtually zero presence out on the roads doing anything about whats now become part of our daily driving lives. Not a drive without something with an AK47 tune blasting away, cars blowing reds, being cut off, 3, 4 or 5 lane swings to either get off at the next ramp they didn't plan for of just weave through traffic, our roads are a war zone. Nothing but endless talk about road safety but no real action that matters. Personally thought shows like Canada's Worst Driver would bring to light how clearly corrupted our testing system is across the country but it made no difference either. I will also never stop being pissed about my personal insurance rates are based on driving in among those that are poor drivers.
    100% agree.

On the drive home I was reminded of another pet peeve of mine, people that have no lane discipline. Making a left turn into the right lane or conversely making a right turn into the centre or left lane. The ramp from the 400 north to King Road has three lanes. The left is for turning left, the centre is a through lane and for turning right, and the right lane is for turning right. What does buddy in a Honda do, turns left from the centre lane. I know, it was more stupidity than lane discipline, but it got me thinking about it.