Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4.6 2V Rebuild - Need some input

Looks like they are pretty much the same give or take a tic.

MEANMCHN
    So did some more research:

4.6 to 5.0 stroker with stage 2 heads and cams long block, roughly 350 HP N/A is $9300 USD
    4.6 4V Cobra engine with T-56, roughly 390HP S/C is $9000USD
    6.0 LS2 with T-56, roughly 400HP N/A is $7250 + K-Member setup to make it fit is roughly $2500 USD

I'm thinking the Cobra is the best idea, what do you think?

I don't know, I guess if you are working with a budget sure.....but if I could build an LS2 with more N/A power then an S/C cobra motor I am going LS2.... Just my .02

WHRDUGO
    Solid engine on that platform

TurboFox
    You can get ls2 for waaaaay less than that. Ive got one sitting in the corner

MEANMCHN
    That was with a T-56 too, and they seem to be in the $2,000 range.

TurboFox
    A T56 is moot. 4.6 or LSx means your gonna be running one....which may need to be built depending on your goals. My friend paid $1500 for his that we put into his '67

Obviously im biased but the pros outweigh the cons for the LS. At least with my fox platform

MEANMCHN
    Where did you get the LSX and T-56 for that price? I'm definitely interested in that combo, I just don't know much about it.

TurboFox
    Quote Originally Posted by MEANMCHN View Post
    Where did you get the LSX and T-56 for that price? I'm definitely interested in that combo, I just don't know much about it.
    Ive got 3. The LS2 came from the states and the two alum 5.3s i have were off kijiji. My friend got his t56 from the states, and im just running a th400.

We just finished putting my friends car together. We are waiting to finish mine and then might go dyno them together.

His combo is an LQ9 6.0 with 243 heads. Fast 92 intake, Tick cam. He has 2k into it. Expecting to put down around 420 rwhp.

Ive got about half of that invested in my alum 5.3 but im running a turbo setup.

The other thing to consider is the ecu. We are both running holley hp efi which is great. My car is an 85 and his is a 67 so no etests. You could run a stock ecu and tune with hp tuners or bring it to champion and have kevin tune it.

Ill be honest and say i dont know if i would do the swap into a newer vehicle because of the potential etest nonsense.