Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heat Pumps - I have Q's

Club Supporter
    Any kind of gas we take out of the ground in Canada has been subsidized by taxpayers from the early days to today. Also, haven't there been subsidies/rebates for years to upgrade to newer high efficiency furnaces? Been seeing these offers for the last 20 years but ours was already "high efficiency" at the time so didn't make sense for the out of pocket portion.

Pretty much all energy has been subsidized at some point.

Club Supporter
    And for some reason continues to be even after we've been pumping oil and gas for over 100 years. You'd think the industry doesn't need our tax dollars by now.

what % of a subsidy do you figure is returned via kick back. I can't figure why subsidies would exist on profitable ventures otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    And for some reason continues to be even after we've been pumping oil and gas for over 100 years. You'd think the industry doesn't need our tax dollars by now.
    Don’t disagree. Should also be removed from electricity and every other business that takes bail outs and funnels the money to outside sources. Government should have no business in business.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Don’t disagree. Should also be removed from electricity and every other business that takes bail outs and funnels the money to outside sources. Government should have no business in business.
    Yup - same goes for cattle farming industry. Dairy, beef, etc should be market based and priced without taxpayer subsidies.

imagine that, a free market where people's spending determines what survives. Nah, that'll never work. We need a handfull of bureaucrats deciding what's best for millions.

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    Yup - same goes for cattle farming industry. Dairy, beef, etc should be market based and priced without taxpayer subsidies.
    Agree. I have lived most of my life in rural area surrounded by farms.

If seen first hand the kind of money farmers make as they hand farms worth millions to their kids. New houses new cars new tractors all the toys year after year. But every time something seems not ideal. Then government is there with handouts.

I have intentionally stayed out of this thread, because IMO, the OP got the answer he was fishing for in post #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ontariomystic View Post
    Natural Gas Furnace > Heat Pump any day.
    /thread

But WTF is this?
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    I have lived most of my life in rural area surrounded by farms.
    If seen first hand the kind of money farmers make as they hand farms worth millions to their kids. New houses new cars new tractors all the toys year after year.
    This anecdote certainly wasn’t my experience. As the son of a farmer, I did NOT inherit millions. NOR did we have new houses, cars, tractors, or ANY toys.
    -Don____________