Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Hagerty and new drivers

Hagerty and new drivers

I'm hoping someone here has experience with this.

I have Hagerty insuring my Mustangs and my 17 year is about to get their license.
    Their rules say "Our program guidelines require that our clients have at least 10 years of driving experience"

Do I need to inform them or do anything differently?
    Obviously I'm not going to let my child drive the Mustangs, just want to make sure I'm covered.

And yes, I could call and talk to them.....but then it goes on the record right away.

If your child is not driving the mustangs then what coverage are you worried about?
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

Eligibility requirements when I signed up were that everyone in your household had to have 10yrs experience and a clean license.
    That obviously doesn't apply to a new driver.

Way back when I got Hagerty on my Mustang my wife didn't have 10 years experience so my broker had me sign a form stating she would not drive that vehicle and I understood she was prohibited. The only caveat was we had 3 vehicles for 2 drivers so there was no conflict. I recall being told if she didn't have her own car it would have been an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Best to find out for sure.
    Insurance companies look for anyway to deny a claim if their rules aren't followed.

Maybe ask them the question using a different e-mail so they don't know who you are.

Or call an agent that deals with Hagerty (for sure some agents do, mine is through my agent).

As long as your 17 year old is listed under your standard insurance you won't have any issues.
    I just went thru the same thing with my 17 year old daughter, i called Hagerty to find out if i could add her to the policy on my wife's summer car, and they said she needs to be licensed for a minimum of 3 years and have a clean record before they will consider her.

Now if your kid is not insured under your standard insurance you may have an issue if you call to enquire.