Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Concrete Q

Concrete Q

My house was built 1960. The basement floor is excessively powdery. I’m looking for advice/experience with curing agents.

I’ve used various coverings, carpets etc over the years to keep it under control. My recent insulation job has stirred things up. In looking into various coverings I stumbled into curing products. I thought there was no way to fix this problem but am now curious.

The basement will be unfinished for storage and a section used as shop space and exercise equipment. Benches, table saw etc all on casters. The house is a knock down and I’m a couple years away from moving out so minimal expense is a primary criteria.

Cement experts here, got any suggestions or advice?

You looked in to DryLok paint at all? Mybasement was extreme with efflorescence (powdery salt deposits) used their etching cleaner and then the Drylok latex epoxy paint and it's been great now 10 years later. For a 25x13 area I used 7 L of paint (2 cans) and 3.5L of cleaner. Was under $200 all in. Stuff smells to high hell so respirate and ventilate but once cured it's really nice. That plus some cheap foam tiles from crappy tire for high traffic areas makes a decent enough space.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    You looked in to DryLok paint at all? Mybasement was extreme with efflorescence (powdery salt deposits) used their etching cleaner and then the Drylok latex epoxy paint and it's been great now 10 years later. For a 25x13 area I used 7 L of paint (2 cans) and 3.5L of cleaner. Was under $200 all in. Stuff smells to high hell so respirate and ventilate but once cured it's really nice. That plus some cheap foam tiles from crappy tire for high traffic areas makes a decent enough space.
    great suggestion, thanks. I especially like the price. I'm a small bungalow. Is this something I'll need to open windows for?

Yeah, open the windows during and have a fan going.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

I have a multi day reno planned for my daughters place in T/O. Gonna see if I can apply this stuff and flee the house while I'm away for a few days.