Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1

Thread: blow through setup

blow through setup

hello everyone im doing my street car right now and its a 304 cube small block with a vortech carb enclosure its a stock block edelbrock heads and an x cam, and i have the 850 blow through setup for it which may be to big but its what i have and im going to try it. anyone ever do a blowthrough setup? i just wanted advice and thoughts because i have never setup the carb enclosure before its for my 78 king cobra

I have a blow through on my Turbocharged 86GT. No enclosure, I have heard they can be problematic but I don't have any experience directly. I'm just using a CSU 750cfm blow through specific carb. It's capable of handling the fueling for double what I make. I'm essentially a stock longblock, F cam, Weiand X-celerator for an intake and a Chinese 69mm turbo. Home built kit but has run 117mph at 6psi and just over 123mph at 9psi.

Not much help setting up an enclosed setup. Mine is just the carb sitting on top like normal with a CSU bonnet on top. Simple and effective.

My driveabilty is excellent, idles beautifully and transitions into boost clean. Kevin builds a killer carb and is working just as well on mine as it was on a blown 349 making 900+HP. I think I only dropped the rear jets 2 sizes to get the A/F where I wanted it.