Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tire pressure Gauge

Tire pressure Gauge

Tried to check my tires today got over the years, four analog gauges, got four wildly different readings.
    Don't know how I could have used this "old tech " all these years and believed their readings.
    Anybody have good results with the newer digital stuff, which brand and model, only need up to 40psi, no trucks in my future.
    Like to buy local but the big Ama is OK with me too.
    Thanks

I forgot to add that I am looking for a hand held "pro racer style" with a gauge, hose and a fitting to attach to the tire valve.
    Not looking for a small uncalibrated mickey mouse to carry in the glove compartment.
    Thanks

I know what you mean. I have a couple tire gauges and usually have to take four of five readings and use the average.
    Also, picked up locking air chuck/hose /gauge at Princess Auto and the damn thing doesn't clip on to most tire valves. Guess you get what you pay for... lol

I have a master craft one with the hose and gauge. Seems to work. Pressure on the gauge matches what the tps monitor says

I’ve had the Longacre Racing Products one for many years now. Best gauge I’ve ever had. Although I’ve never tested the accuracy, or know if it’s calibrated, the reading results are very consistent. I have found it to be a very good gauge especially for at the track.

The pushbutton at the base of the gauge allows me overfill the tire, then push it to release precise amounts of air until I hit the desired reading. Very handy.

I think Costco carried it when I bought it.

Edit: it’s on Amazon for about $60
    -Don____________

IMG_3853.jpeg

Works great, had it for years, although not cheap.
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

I'm using this and find it handy. No pressure release for overfill. Calibration is always an issue and unless you have a known source to check against you've got to assume some degree of error. My thoughts are if you fill to the same pressure all the way around and hope for repeatability. Tread wear will indicate if you've got it right.

Calibration drift is a whole other topic. Show me one that isn't made in China regardless of brand.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

X2 for Longacre. Use one for kart racing. Very consistent. They have different range of psi. Pretty sure made in Taiwan.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

X 3 on the Longacre. I’m on my second one ( the first one was fine, but died after it got run over by a car, totally my fault). I bought the first one from Costco and the second directly from Longacre.

Costco doesn't seem to carry gauges any more.
    Looking for A1 rating on a gauge = some degree of accuracy.