Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  46
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gents, it was a good run

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    If you're unhappy with the power of the 2v... the trans am won't be that much faster... same thing with the mach in all honesty.
    Might be happier in a 2011-2014 GT with the coyote in it.
    Even the 2015 GT range is starting to come back down to reality in price. Seen quite a few in the high 20s low 30s the past month.
    Really just comes down to what is important to you...
    Unfortunately anything 13+ is not in the budget and is alot with insurance. With the newedges i can have it insured for $30/month under Hagerty.
    I will literally be driving the car on sunny Sunday's and put on around 1000 km/year.

Quote Originally Posted by WidowrRacing View Post
    I agree with Uncle Buck…..I’d skip both those cars and personally look for a 2011+ Mustang GT 5L.

03-04 Mach is cool and all but under powered and expensive to mod and still $ for a good one.
    98-02 4th Gen I’ve owned and good bang for buck and decent platform but also hard to find a good one and not cheap for a WS6.
    I'm seeing the prices ... oh man the Ws6 is hitting the pockets hard, especially if its manual and ESPECIALLY if its black in color.
    I've got some pretty stringent requirements, car must be dark grey or black and must be manual lol

Zee, it would probably cheaper to hold off for another year and try to save another $6-7k to get a coyote GT or 5th gen SS.

It will likely be much cheaper in the long run as you won’t have to spend as much to modify it to make it what you want.
    Last edited by FABMAN; 03-16-2024 at 07:59 AM.
    FABMAN

Quote Originally Posted by FABMAN View Post
    Zee, it would probably cheaper to hold off for another year and try to save another $6-7k to get a coyote GT or 5th gen SS.

It will likely be much cheaper in the long run as you won’t have to spend as much to modify it to make it what you want.
    Hmmm, you may be right about that option.
    I did speak with my insurance and looks like a 3V option up until 2010 works.

Do you have experience with the 3V's? How is the over all platform when compared to a 03/04 Mach?

I had an 06 Gt and liked it very much.

It’s a good car and power is on par with an 03 Mach 1. I boosted mine and it was plenty of fun on a safe 440 rwhp tune but of course, a supercharger kit isn’t a cheap mod and all it gets you is coyote na power. If you turn up the boost too much on a 3V, you will grenade it for sure. With your budget you may find a 3V with tasteful mods done.

If looking at 3V cars I’d look 07-09. Earlier ones were ok but more gremlins and 2010s are a bit of a unique car so mods are less available and more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
    I had an 06 Gt and liked it very much.

It’s a good car and power is on par with an 03 Mach 1. I boosted mine and it was plenty of fun on a safe 440 rwhp tune but of course, a supercharger kit isn’t a cheap mod and all it gets you is coyote na power. If you turn up the boost too much on a 3V, you will grenade it for sure. With your budget you may find a 3V with tasteful mods done.

If looking at 3V cars I’d look 07-09. Earlier ones were ok but more gremlins and 2010s are a bit of a unique car so mods are less available and more expensive.
    +1 (Ditto on everything UB said).

Side note about the 3v, it’s one of the best sounding Mustangs with an axel back. Platform is much improved from 07 onwards with the 2010 giving you the more modern look and a slight bump in power.
    FABMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    Just bought an 08 GT
    Extremely happy with my purchase, got the color i wanted, the mods I wanted and the car is mint.
    Super pumped to bring her home tonight.
    That was a short vacation.
    -Don____________

Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    That was a short vacation.
    It literally fell in my lap lol.
    It was the right color, the owner is older and meticulous about keeping every single record, all the work is done at DSR ... the DSR boys know the car and know its clean as hell and modified well.
    I just decided, pull the trigger and enjoy the season HAHA.
    I'm sure i'll regret it later on when i start getting the daycare bills but hey, you only live once and this is something i can enjoy with my family.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Congrats.
    Thank you!