Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  8

Thread: Whirlpool top load washing machine repair? Machine diagram?

Club Supporter

Whirlpool top load washing machine repair? Machine diagram?

Had an issue with our older Whirlpool top load washing machine last week - the tub was moving around more than normal and the was a little bit of water under the machine - didn't keep leaking so maybe it was from the additional shake/vibration. When I lifted the machine there was a small pin with a hole in it on the floor - not sure where it came from under the machine but there was also a broken plastic "cup"/holder on the floor as well. The plastic tab that held the plastic cup/holder in place to the frame was still in the hole on the frame (front). There is a similar white plastic cup/holder on the frame at the back with the same pin in it - maybe a spare? Not sure what the pin is for.

The spring loaded rear bracket that attaches to the plastic tub that the wash basket/canister sits in had a large spring that was hanging but not sure where the spring was attached to (maybe the pin? The other two brackets near the front of the plastic tub only have a small spring on it but not the longer spring.

Anyone know where the longer spring in the photo attaches to or have a machine diagram for older Whirlpool top load washing machines.

TIA.

IMG_7179 (1).jpg

When we had problems with our appliances, I used to type in the Whirlpool make and model number for a quick search. Usually a few sites popped up with a list of common problems and solutions, how to repair and of needed US parts list.
    Hope this helps.

The pin looks like it’s potentially off the rear foot auto adjust assembly.

Dont recognize the cup off hand.

The longer spring attached to the frame at the bottom along the back. There is a hole that it clips into and is common for the hole to rust out. Find where the hole is a just drill another by it. That spring is to counter the weight of the motor on the front and detached makes the tub lean too far forward.

If you have the model number I should be able to get a parts schematic.

Club Supporter
    Thanks guys - I searched a couple sites so far and found some diagrams but not the long spring (ie. where they connect to on frame) or the small pin. Not sure if it was actually in use or just a spare in the little cup/container attached to the base frame (there is a second one stored in another cup/container attached to the frame at the back).

Whirlpool model LSQ9264HQ0
    Serial CJ 29263Q5

IMG_9134.jpg

I'm fairly certain the pin is #8

the spring is #15

there were two methods of the spring attaching, it attaches to the part of the frame circled red. some there was just a hole drilled into that frame portion. others used a clip like #26 that hooks in the same location on that part that's circled.

numbers 16 and 18 are the pads that allow the tube to slide freely. make sure they are not broken. also make sure the tub is tight, the inner basket will spin but other than that should not move separate from the outer tub

Club Supporter
    Thank you!

I see the #26 clips in the triangular frame so the short springs attach there.

I will take a look at where #8 is and if it looks like the pin I found on the ground. Maybe there are spare pins on the frame - is that normal to include spare pins? The pic below shows one of the plastic containers with a spare pin in it, attached to the frame at the back (left side facing machine). There is a small white tab at the front in the frame where the second plastic container broke off from - the pin on the floor may be from in the broken container. Not sure how it broke off from the frame though.

IMG_7182.jpg

IMG_7183.jpg

If you don’t cart right when moving you can mess up the auto leveling legs. So I believe they stuck spare pins in them at one point.

Not something you will see any more.

If the s hooks on yours are for the inner springs. Then you just need to mount that bracket back on and straight down from where the spring hangs drill a hole in that rear part of the frame.

This is a newer version of yours very similar

https://youtu.be/qRNQVby9Sbk?si=-pj4yHwjFEjfV5xZ