Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  23
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motor mounts

Motor mounts

Hi gang.

I am looking for replacement motor mounts for my stock '90 5.0 convertible. Has anyone with a convertible replaced their motor mounts, and if so what brand and part number did you buy. From what I read online, the convertible motor mounts makes the motor sit 1/2 inch lower than motor mounts for a non-convertible.

Thanks in advance.

Benny

Yes vert specific mounts lowered the engine vs standard mounts. If I was you, would look long n hard for an OE style rubber mount as they are more likely to keep the engine feeling smooooooth vs ones from Energy etc.

Just checked Rock Auto, they still show a vert only mount but in brands I've never heard of.

Club Supporter
    I replaced mine when the motor was out over 10 years ago but not sure about part number - they were OEM convertible mounts though which were still available at the time. I'm sure you can find them with some searching - not sure if they are still available through Ford still? If not try LMR?

Yep, last time I ordered vert mounts was directly from the ford dealership. They got me 2 - left side mounts.
    -Don____________

Club Supporter
    See if our Ford guys (Ed) here can still get them. If not, this note on LMR's site seems to indicate the vert style mount became standard from 92-95?

Improved Engine Support
    The 1984-1992 5.0L motor mount/engine mount was originally just a big block of rubber that usually delaminated from the metal plate, which caused the engine to sit low. This lead to the cooling fan hitting the fan shroud, and in severe cases, it could also cause the fan to hit the radiator. The convertible models used a different mount that had a smaller, and higher, durometer rubber insulator that was fully encapsulated in steel plating. This became the go-to motor mount for all 5.0 Mustang owners when a replacement was needed. Ford started using these mounts in all 5.0L Mustangs starting in late 1992 and continuing through 1995.

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-6038A-K/198...otor-Mount-Kit

How does one keep a 5L stock? Or anything stock for that matter?
    I need to hang out with guys like you…I wouldn’t have needed UPR solid motor mounts lol.

Motor mount Ford E3ZZ 6038D
    Motor mount Ford E3ZZ 6038E

These are the Ford part #'s for the Ford convertible 5.0 motor mounts.
    Put these in my 91 5.0L

1991 Mustang 5.0L LX - Titanium Frost CC Metallic, MM Suspension, Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes, Edelbrock heads, polished GT-40 intake, new interior
    2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack, Magneride, Auto, Forged wheels, Active exhaust, Lightning Blue

Let me know if you need replacement washers and nuts for the mount studs. I replaced mine and had to buy a 50/pack of each!

From what I've read on other forums over the years the parts store motor mounts are junk.

Ford OEM motor mounts are discontinued last time I looked.
    Energy Suspension motor mounts appear to be a quality replacement but the price is crazy high for some reason.