Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  23
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Mustang Fender Liner Fail

2024 Mustang Fender Liner Fail

Hello All, I'm new to this forum. Three weeks ago I purchased a 2024 Mustang GT Permium Convertible. After getting it home I noticed there were two fairly large cut outs at the bottom of the front wheel well interior fender liners. I asked the dealer what was up and he said he had no idea. I searched Mustang forums and found lengthy discussions about this issue/fail and that the front tires "fired" stones and dirt through these holes causing potential damage to inner body panels and the K frame pieces. I looked through these two holes on my Mustang and sure enough there were already some stones and dirt in the cavities and a stone chip on the driver's side K frame member - and that was just from the drive home from the dealer on the 410, 407 and 401 (about 400 KM). I vacuumed the areas out with a shop vac. Some owners, in particular a Mustang guy named Tony, had made videos of their solutions. Tony fabricated fiberglass inserts in his shop and did a very good job closing the holes. Then my research lead me to an American company in Oregon owned by a man called Hein who makes all kinds of custom parts using laser scanners and 3D printers. He was already making and shipping parts to fit these holes for 2024 Mustangs and on his web site was a how to video. People who had purchased them raved about their quality. Since I live near the border with the U.S. I ordered a kit and had it shipped to a U.P.S. store at the border. It took about 5 days to arrive. If you don't live near the U.S. border his website shows they will ship to Canada. I ordered the kit, followed his video instructions exactly and the job went perfectly. IMO the result is OEM quality. These covers will IMO prevent damage to the interior panels and frame of my 2024 Mustang. I took my time and had both pieces installed within an hour including set-up and clean-up time. The parts fit 100%. The kit cost about U.S. $100.00 ....probably the best $100 I will ever spend on my Mustang. My next step will be to contact Ford Canada and ask them to open a case file of my concern. IMO if you have a 2024 Mustang with these fender liner cut-outs and don't cover them there could be significant damage to your Mustang. If you want to view the video go to DIYvan.com and type into the search bar Mustang liner repair kit or something like that - and the video and order information will pop up. Please spread the word to fellow 2024 Mustang owners. IMO this is a SERIOUS issue/fail. ****If I can figure out how to attach pictures on the holes and kit I will add them - in the meantime hein's video is awesome. I have emailed him personally and he is a really cool guy! best wishes on this. :-)

Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

Welcome!

Welcome aboard and glad to have people like you to give feedback on these kind of issues. If you need help with posting pictures follow this link and it should help you out. https://www.torontomustangclub.ca/fo...-to-post-a-pic
    If there are any other questions just shoot a PM to one of our mods and we will be glad to help.

Quote Originally Posted by MAT View Post
    Hello All, I'm new to this forum. Three weeks ago I purchased a 2024 Mustang GT Permium Convertible. After getting it home I noticed there were two fairly large cut outs at the bottom of the front wheel well interior fender liners. I asked the dealer what was up and he said he had no idea. I searched Mustang forums and found lengthy discussions about this issue/fail and that the front tires "fired" stones and dirt through these holes causing potential damage to inner body panels and the K frame pieces. I looked through these two holes on my Mustang and sure enough there were already some stones and dirt in the cavities and a stone chip on the driver's side K frame member - and that was just from the drive home from the dealer on the 410, 407 and 401 (about 400 KM). I vacuumed the areas out with a shop vac. Some owners, in particular a Mustang guy named Tony, had made videos of their solutions. Tony fabricated fiberglass inserts in his shop and did a very good job closing the holes. Then my research lead me to an American company in Oregon owned by a man called Hein who makes all kinds of custom parts using laser scanners and 3D printers. He was already making and shipping parts to fit these holes for 2024 Mustangs and on his web site was a how to video. People who had purchased them raved about their quality. Since I live near the border with the U.S. I ordered a kit and had it shipped to a U.P.S. store at the border. It took about 5 days to arrive. If you don't live near the U.S. border his website shows they will ship to Canada. I ordered the kit, followed his video instructions exactly and the job went perfectly. IMO the result is OEM quality. These covers will IMO prevent damage to the interior panels and frame of my 2024 Mustang. I took my time and had both pieces installed within an hour including set-up and clean-up time. The parts fit 100%. The kit cost about U.S. $100.00 ....probably the best $100 I will ever spend on my Mustang. My next step will be to contact Ford Canada and ask them to open a case file of my concern. IMO if you have a 2024 Mustang with these fender liner cut-outs and don't cover them there could be significant damage to your Mustang. If you want to view the video go to DIYvan.com and type into the search bar Mustang liner repair kit or something like that - and the video and order information will pop up. Please spread the word to fellow 2024 Mustang owners. IMO this is a SERIOUS issue/fail. ****If I can figure out how to attach pictures on the holes and kit I will add them - in the meantime hein's video is awesome. I have emailed him personally and he is a really cool guy! best wishes on this. :-)

Welcome to the club. Found the link you talked out, seems odd they left a hole there.

CLICK ON LINK BELOW.

https://diyvan.com/products/2024-for...ver-panels-kit

[QUOTE=ZR;462997]Welcome to the club. Found the link you talked out, seems odd they left a hole there....... Thank you @ZR....no one at Ford can explain why those holes are there. IF - they were needed to bolt-on the K frame members or some front-end part ( which doesn't look like that to me), surely they would have installed covers. To leave those holes open IMO just invites very serious problems. I don't drive my Mustangs in the winter but can you imagine all the salt, brine, mud and snow that would be shot into that body cavity. How do you spell serious rust?! So glad I found out about Hein's company DIYvan.com and their kit fix - as I mentioned his parts fit perfectly. Cheers MAT

No doubt a serious flaw if you drive in the snow n ice, more of a PITA than anything else for summer rides (worse if you frequent gravel roads or similar). Cool someone realized the problem and made the fix just that easy n affordable.

Welcome to the club!

The 94’s had a similar problem, my fender liners also have holes in them.
    -Don____________

Welcome to the TMC and thanks for the informative post.

I presume that this issue is on all S650 platforms? You know some manufacturers make different versions of fenderliners depending on trim level.