Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lets talk short shifters

Steeda with Steeda handle but changed to stock after

IMG_6160.jpg

IMG_6163.jpg

IMG_6165.jpg

Dave, what kind of grease do you use in there?

MGW with original shortest handle

I'm pretty sure my brother has better pics...but I couldn't find them...maybe if he see's this he'll post up...

IMG_5401.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Intmdtr View Post
    Dave, what kind of grease do you use in there?

whatever's in my hair at the time...lol

actually I don't even know what's in there...but between the two cars, the pro 5.0 definitely feels better

URL=http://s299.photobucket.com/user/intmdtr1/media/Shifter018.jpg.html][/URL]

There's my setup. I use the hurst handle at the track and mgw handle on the street.

WHRDUGO

I modified my pro 5.0 but still wasnt where I wanted it, switched to a new gen mgw and love the double adjustable handle. It is available in 3 different lengths. loving the mgw

Attached Images Attached Images

99chromegt
    Bad pic... Steeda tri ax with Hurst handle & knob. Not a 100% on the Steeda part but love the Hurst parts. I have never tried any other shifters so I can't compare.

In my foxes I ran the Hurst SST (Super Short Throw) and loved it. very notchy, very short, precise. never missed a shift on the road course. Not sure if it is still available though. I used the Hurst chrome stick but switched between the while ball and t-handle.

In my 2003 MAch1 I have a Steeda Tri-Ax. I like it but it is not as precise as the Hurst I had in the foxes, and I miss the occasional 2-3 shift at the track. I also hated how far forward the shift was into 3rd and 5th. It felt like I was going to bust my hand through the stereo each up-shift. So I made a bracket like one shown above to move the handle back and down a bit.

Here is my sketch, cardboard template and the end result fabricated from steel plate:

Here it is showing the difference in position between a short Hurst shifter in the original position (black) vs the new position with the Steeda handle:

And here is the new position completed with the Hurst chrome shifter and t-bar handle from my fox. However, I have since changed this to the short black handle above with a black Hurst ball (no pics yet):
    BECAUSE RACECAR

Hckynut
    ^^^ made the same type of bracket for my pro 5.0 in the Cobra and now love it. No long reach for 3rd and 5th anymore.

I run the Hurst Competition Plus in my S197.

Not the finest unit out there but the price is right, it's good and notchy and gives me the old school white ball I've had in every mustang I've owned.

And yep it rattled until I wrapped Teflon tape on the threads and shot some deep creep in the mechanism.