Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lets talk short shifters

Do like the feel of the MGW in a 197.

saleenman
    I've run most of them. Hurst in the 04 and hated it. Swamped it out for MGW. Will never go back.
    Ran Pro-5.0 on the Viper spec, it was great also.
    Ran a Tri-ax on the 87(t-5) and hated that one also. Swamped that out for the MGW and loved it.

Might have been driver error. But the Hurst and Tri-ax I was always missing shifts. Never missed one on the MGW.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    My handle is a bit different than that one.. you didnt have to rip out a thick peice of rubber that's around it?
    '88 LX

nope, direct bolt on

WHRDUGO
    Quote Originally Posted by saleenman View Post
    I've run most of them. Hurst in the 04 and hated it. Swamped it out for MGW. Will never go back.
    Ran Pro-5.0 on the Viper spec, it was great also.
    Ran a Tri-ax on the 87(t-5) and hated that one also. Swamped that out for the MGW and loved it.

Might have been driver error. But the Hurst and Tri-ax I was always missing shifts. Never missed one on the MGW.
    That first to reverse shift is a real bitch when you don't stick it.

CHILL5.0
    Sorry I don't have any pictures of my MGW shifter other than the one GR posted of it. That was about 9 years ago that I bought and installed it. What I can tell you is that the pro5.0 that was in my car was terrible. The springs wouldn't even pull the shifter back to the neutral position from between 1st & 2nd. Love my MGW shifter, IMO it's the best quality, the springs are amazing, not too many missed shifts. Now that my transmission is broken if anybody wants to buy my MGW shifter let me know LOL. I will be putting a Tremec TKO in my car at some point and will be putting an MGW shifter on it.

Quote Originally Posted by CHILL5.0 View Post
    Sorry I don't have any pictures of my MGW shifter other than the one GR posted of it. That was about 9 years ago that I bought and installed it. What I can tell you is that the pro5.0 that was in my car was terrible. The springs wouldn't even pull the shifter back to the neutral position from between 1st & 2nd. Love my MGW shifter, IMO it's the best quality, the springs are amazing, not too many missed shifts. Now that my transmission is broken if anybody wants to buy my MGW shifter let me know LOL. I will be putting a Tremec TKO in my car at some point and will be putting an MGW shifter on it.

there are other pics of it somewhere but I couldn't find them at the time...

there are pics of it ready for the track with the passenger seat out and a couple of helmets in the back...