Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 95 GTS

99chromegt
    ^^ out of everything I've installed so far suspension parts have made the most noticeable changes. The front K member, coil overs & SFCs are improvements I should have started with. So many are focused on increased HP and sure that's a big piece of the puzzle, however suspension upgrades IMO give you the most bang for the buck. Keep us updated on your GTS and hope to see you at an event to check out your ride in person.
    Cheers
    Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Nice gains in performance and ride running coil overs on the front. Maximum set up combined with Bilsteins works mint.
    After some searching Maximum seems like a very good product. If I do coilovers on the front can I get away with just lowering springs on the rear or are coilovers recommended back there as well?

Quote Originally Posted by 1quikgt View Post
    I just picked up a 95 GTS that has no power windows, locks or seats. Before I start pulling door panels off does anyone know if the wires are run for these like they are in foxbodys with no power options. The windows and locks aren't that big of a deal it's mostly for the seats. Power seats would just give me more options as the stock V6 seats frankly just suck.

Mike
    What colour is your interior? I have light grey power leather seats out of my 99 GT that I will be getting rid of for cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by horseplayer View Post
    What colour is your interior? I have light grey power leather seats out of my 99 GT that I will be getting rid of for cheap.
    It's grey. But the car has an A/C delete and leather with no A/C doesn't sound like fun. Thanks for the offer though.

Quote Originally Posted by 1quikgt View Post
    After some searching Maximum seems like a very good product. If I do coilovers on the front can I get away with just lowering springs on the rear or are coilovers recommended back there as well?
    Most gains to be made with the coil overs up front. The rears are fine with just the coils.

Quote Originally Posted by 99chromegt View Post
    So many are focused on increased HP and sure that's a big piece of the puzzle, however suspension upgrades IMO give you the most bang for the buck.
    I dunno about 'most bang for the buck', but suspension and brake upgrades sure make the car a blast to drive on the track. I agree that most people focus on HP and overlook handling.
    -Don____________

+1 on Don's advice, big gains in performance and ride with them up front, conventional springs work fine out back but coil overs are cool if the budget will allow.

Seems like lowering springs in the rear will achieve what I'm looking for as well as be cheaper on the wallet.

I'm also looking to replace the ebrake cable and am curious where everyone jacks their car up from. The frame rails and pinch welds seem awfully flimsy on these cars. I was thinking jack under the k-member and stands on the outer edges of the k member?

Quality SFC's provide a rock solid jack rail.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Quality SFC's provide a rock solid jack rail.
    Those are the first things on the list. Ebrake lines are a little rusty so they're starting to stick. Would the k member be ok for now to put the jack stands on?

-Don____________