Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Intercooler pump wiring

Intercooler pump wiring

Researching ways to power an intercooler pump on 2006GT. Common option is to add a keyed circuit and a relay but noticed the Roush install manual taps into the big connector beside the PCM. They simply take power from a red wire in this connector and run straight to the pump. See page 52&53

http://www.roushperformance.com/part...112-manual.pdf

Anyone use this method? Think it's a good option?

If it was mine, use that wire to trigger a relay. Pull power from the battery terminal on the fuse block, protect with a self resetting circuit breaker, done.

Al, I am with Rick as I also recommend a relay and fuse in the circuit. Check out this page from LS1Howto, specifically Meziere Wiring w/Relay. Instead of taping into that wiring bundle you may want to consider a simpler key on source under the hood. I found a single wire and used a T-Tap.

http://www.ls1howto.com/index.php?article=26

Built not bought! Follow this link to my 08 GT/CS Air Lift Performance Suspension Install Thread or this link to my Garage Thread

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my car and parts for what I told her they cost!

Thanks gents. Better to know what's in the circuit by making it yourself. The gauge of the wire Roush suggested using seemed too light anyway.