Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Suggestions for Cobra Brakes?

tulowd
    Weight is the primary enemy. E=MC2, or something like that, lol....mass has a much greater effect on braking than the horse power.

American Iron cars have run the Cobra brakes for many years - the overwhelming sentiment seems to be they stop as well as the Brembo 4 piston setup - only with less pedal feel/modulation and they go thru pads and rotors much faster.

The in between kits seem to be all the same in terms of rotor mass so they will likely not offer any more performance than the Cobras. You have to go to the big Wilwood kit or the Stoptech (on my wish list) with the 1.25" wide rotors to have more braking capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by tulowd View Post
    Weight is the primary enemy. E=MC2, or something like that, lol
    Are you implying that the extra energy of the larger brakes is creating extra mass?

mass–energy equivalence is the concept that the mass of an object or system is a measure of its energy content. For instance, adding 25 kilowatt-hours (90 megajoules) of any form of energy to any object increases its mass by 1 microgram, increasing its inertia and weight accordingly, even though no matter has been added.
    -Don____________

tulowd
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Are you implying that the extra energy of the larger brakes is creating extra mass?
    lol...no, I'm talking about the mass/weight of the car. Stopping a 3650 lb hippo like my vert is way harder than a 3000 lb American Iron car for example. The weight difference has more bearing on the brake performance than the horsepower difference.

0 to 60

60 to 0

My money's on the brakes.

For an all around street car, squeal from Hawks gets old quick. I'd go with EBC green or red.

I don't use brakes, I just downshift like a boss
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

^^^Lol
    ~Scott B

tulowd
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    For an all around street car, squeal from Hawks gets old quick. I'd go with EBC green or red.
    yea - the reds are squeal free and don't seem to dust too bad

I have these rotors on my Cobra brake setup, 13" front, 11.75" rear with drilled slotted with a silver zinc coating so they don't rust. Look really good and seem to perform well with the stock Cobra pads I have. ZR was impressed with their look and quality when he put them on my car. Richard, 92redragtop, uses them on a number of his cars.

Only Cost $260cdn all included to my door.

http://www.rotorpros.net/

Last edited by Mustang4; 07-17-2014 at 07:15 PM.

1991 Mustang 5.0L LX - Titanium Frost CC Metallic, MM Suspension, Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes, Edelbrock heads, polished GT-40 intake, new interior
    2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack, Magneride, Auto, Forged wheels, Active exhaust, Lightning Blue

Clearer shot of the rotors.

1991 Mustang 5.0L LX - Titanium Frost CC Metallic, MM Suspension, Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes, Edelbrock heads, polished GT-40 intake, new interior
    2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack, Magneride, Auto, Forged wheels, Active exhaust, Lightning Blue