Thread: Ford Releases Officiial HP/Tq specs for 2015 Mustang

tulowd

Ford Releases Officiial HP/Tq specs for 2015 Mustang

http://blog.americanmuscle.com/its-o...2014horsepower

435 hp 400 tq for the 5.0
    310/320 eco boost
    300/280 6 cyl

Lol, was just about to post that.
    interesting how they dialed back the v6 numbers to help promote the eco boost.
    ~Scott B

TheMustangShow

HyperGT
    3700 lb WTF. That is huge, why do they keep getting heavier. Completely turns me off, after having a lighter car with less power it is way more fun to drive. A vert must tip in near 3850-3900 add a blower and over 4000lb. That sucks .

Mustang Occasionally
    If the next gen Camaro is lighter with the new platform (as its supposed to be), Ford will have some splaining to do.

Performance Redefined OneQwkStang's Avatar
    Sweet.. I now have one of the last of the high horse power V6 years. LOL

I would still like to try driving one of those higher horsepower, better handling, heavier Mustangs, lol, all the Mustangs I've driven have all been over 20 years old.

1991 Mustang 5.0L LX - Titanium Frost CC Metallic, MM Suspension, Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes, Edelbrock heads, polished GT-40 intake, new interior
    2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack, Magneride, Auto, Forged wheels, Active exhaust, Lightning Blue

Retro5.0
    TBH I was really hoping for more power out of the GT... I mean at least somewhere between 440 and 450 hp.
    They made us wait how long to tell us about a 15 hp increase... I find that disappointing.
    I was honestly considering trading my 2011 GT for a new 15. But as of right now, I think I'll keep mine... I'll wait and see what the special editions have to offer.

The Ecoboost seems like it'll be a nice little engine. But for me it's a V8 or nothing...

As for the V6, how did it loose 5 hp?? I mean, I guess they wanted to put a bit more room between the Ecoboost and the V6. But as models go forward so should the performance numbers.