Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SN95 Rear Suspension

Slope
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Hanson got roasted!
    I had to close it before the end of the 1st page...

While I don't agree with how things progressed, did find some of the questions / opinions interesting.

Slope
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    did find some of the questions / opinions interesting.
    Especially from people who are in AI/AIX now, and not 20 years ago...

MEANMCHN
    Cortex makes it REAL simple for people:

http://www.cortexracing.com/tuning-guide/

I'm with Slope on this one. It is well known that Corner Carvers is not accepting of 1) new comers and 2) any thought outside of Maximum Motorsports when it comes to Mustang suspension. They are notoriously uncomplimentary toward Derek/Peter and Kenny Brown, pioneers in fox suspensions and winning races with the same principals while most on CC were still in diapers. Add Griggs to the list of their targets too. The site has great tech for sure, but to me tech should be primarily based on fact, not bullying and opinion, as often happened in the hay-day of CC.

For the OP, you should be fine as-is if maintaining your DECH ASG with the stock arms or those from Maximum. If your intention is to win races, Cortex is the place to go - I personally know a team that helped develop some of their parts and has won a number of Championships with them.
    BECAUSE RACECAR

Corner Carvers did seem a little yellow-bullit-ish. But I do have the same question: what benefit does the ASG have over the Watts Link?
    Or are they just two different versions of the same solution?

And is there really that much added benefit of a Watts Link over a conventional Panhard Bar? I understand that the PH moves in an arc, but is it that noticeable?
    -Don____________

MEANMCHN
    Corner Carvers did seem a little yellow-bullit-ish. But I do have the same question: what benefit does the ASG have over the Watts Link?

And is there really that much added benefit of a Watts Link over a conventional Panhard Bar? I understand that the PH moves in an arc, but is it that noticeable?
    Night and day, I drove a Mustang with one and it's much more balanced especially under braking (I didn't notice just how unstable my car was under braking with the Cobra brakes until I upgrade to the Baer Track brakes on all 4 corners, Mustangs really are a pile of shit to fix in terms of chassis stability). Progressive oversteer instead of snap oversteer, braking stability and getting on the gas through the apex are the main things. But the ability to adjust the balance of the vehicle from one point depending on the track you're on is sweet.

The ASG allows for a lower Roll Center compared to a Watts a link. FYI...buddy of mine talked to the designer at Faze1 which makes an excellent watts link and he had never seen an ASG before...he found it incredibly interesting in design.

Derek knows his stuff.....and I don't think people should talk smack about his designs until you've taken a ride in a DECH stang....

As a side note, did you guys know all of his Aero Kits and wings were all wind tunnel tested? Pretty interesting stuff.

Slope
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick_89_Hatch View Post
    As a side note, did you guys know all of his Aero Kits were all wind tunnel tested? Pretty interesting stuff.
    Not to mention the best looking kit on a Fox.

Esthetically, skip the wings though...