MEANMCHN

Who is the best...

...at installing rear gears?

TDS in Newmarket
    BECAUSE RACECAR

MEANMCHN
    Quote Originally Posted by Not4you View Post
    TDS in Newmarket
    I've called that guy and he won't even touch upgrading my T-45 internals... I appreciate the input though, just tough to find REALLY good guys.

Quote Originally Posted by MEANMCHN View Post
    I've called that guy and he won't even touch upgrading my T-45 internals... I appreciate the input though, just tough to find REALLY good guys.
    with all due respect, you said "rear gears"
    -Don____________

MEANMCHN
    Sorry, I mixed together two conversations.

ZR Rick has a guys that did my Ford motorsport 4.10's twice. Once I broke the stock rear end i replaced it with a build until and its great. Cannot hear the rear end at all, its silent.

You mean when it ate the stock axle n a broken bit went through the gear.

Slope
    Quote Originally Posted by Not4you View Post
    TDS in Newmarket
    Yep.

tulowd
    Quote Originally Posted by MEANMCHN View Post
    Ive been dealing with John for 25 yrs. The reason he won't touch a T45 is that ur wasting ur time and $. I bought a brand new T5-Z recently for under $2500. Might be a hassle for you with mounting etc; but upgrading that thing doesn't make any sense to me.

MEANMCHN
    Quote Originally Posted by tulowd View Post
    Ive been dealing with John for 25 yrs. The reason he won't touch a T45 is that ur wasting ur time and $. I bought a brand new T5-Z recently for under $2500. Might be a hassle for you with mounting etc; but upgrading that thing doesn't make any sense to me.
    Switching the conversation to the T-45, what do you mean it's not worth upgrading? The guy from the T-45 source seems good and does a nicely rebuilt unit for $2453.75 to my door with a ton of upgrades from the list he sent me. Let me know what you think, thanks! I could do a TKO-600 with the road race 5th gear ratio but it's $2500 USD for just the transmission, no bell housing, clutch, etc. and I have to use a lot of non-standard stuff. Any category of racing class basically automatically throws you in with with fully built race cars if you replace things with products not offered from the factory (ie., swapping in an LSX).