Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fall TRACK DAY - September 10, 2014 - Toronto Motorsports Park, Cayuga

TheMustangShow
    Quote Originally Posted by twin57cobra View Post
    I'm actually really disappointed in the track's condition. I asked before I committed to paying if the track would be prepped and that I was bringing an 8 second car. The answer was yes. When I got to the track I was told by the track official that they were only paid to prep to the 330. I almost lost my car at over 156mph. I'm not impressed and will never attend another track day...not worth my life!

That's some scary shit, glad you kept it straight.

I saw you run, you have very quick ride.

Quote Originally Posted by twin57cobra View Post
    I'm actually really disappointed in the track's condition. I asked before I committed to paying if the track would be prepped and that I was bringing an 8 second car. The answer was yes. When I got to the track I was told by the track official that they were only paid to prep to the 330. I almost lost my car at over 156mph. I'm not impressed and will never attend another track day...not worth my life!
    There is a rental coming up in Sparta soon where they will have 7 second cars and they are paying big dollars to prep the entire 1320 - FYI. NO STREET TIRES welcome.

I think Crash and a few others are attending.

I saw a couple of your vid passes going 154mph, that's haulin' in a jelly bean vert no less! Respect!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
    There is a rental coming up in Sparta soon where they will have 7 second cars and they are paying big dollars to prep the entire 1320 - FYI. NO STREET TIRES welcome.

I saw a couple of your vid passes going 154mph, that's haulin' in a jelly bean vert no less! Respect!
    Can someone please explain the problem that street tires cause on the track?

Street tires don't get very good traction and they spin....rips up all the compound that gets laid down for the slick cars.

Most people with street tires launch their cars and think "peeling out" is cool when in reality it is quite detrimental for those not on street tires.
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

Any idea when this day is?

Quote Originally Posted by Intmdtr View Post
    Any idea when this day is?
    I had heard it was the 26th, but I'm not involved and I'm not attending so check with Crash?

damn thats quick....i am on nights anyway. dangit.

Sorry to hear you had trouble, nice job on keeping it between the walls.
    On a side note, odd day for traction. Combo of cool temps, mondo breeze and high humidity, road course was one slippery n fun sob. Know that ain't cool on the strip but just sayin.

twin57cobra
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMustangShow View Post
    That's some scary shit, glad you kept it straight.

I saw you run, you have very quick ride.
    Thanks man.

Pretty sure Sparta is 1/8 mile only?? Can't remember what they said about the cut off for who gets to run the 1/4 but I was told 1/8 mile only???

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Sorry to hear you had trouble, nice job on keeping it between the walls.
    On a side note, odd day for traction. Combo of cool temps, mondo breeze and high humidity, road course was one slippery n fun sob. Know that ain't cool on the strip but just sayin.
    To be honest, I never complain. I've gone on crappy cool days and with the proper track prep the car drives straight like a Cadillac. The first words that came out of the track officials mouth when he saw me was "I hope you're not planning on setting the world on fire?" lol. So I knew it was going to be a crap day. Then I asked him if it was safe to go down and he shrugged his shoulders and said "try it". So my first pass, at the top of 1st the car made a violent right turn and I went from the left lane into the right. But I managed to keep it from hitting the wall. The next 2 passes it blew the tires off 100 feet out. Then I ramped the boost in slowly and got it to go down but around the 1000 foot mark it broke loose and I managed to keep it from hitting anything and went a 9.0 at 157. I was just a little ticked because I was told "they were only paid to prep to the 330" so that kinda pissed me off. I'd rather be told not to come then to risk my life. I was just a little frustrated but I'll get over it. lol