Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Coil Over Suspension

MEANMCHN
    This explains it visually why I choose my pressures like this, same car, same setup, same day. The pic sitting in the pit lane is 20-22psi cold (overcast), the cornering pic is around 26-28psi (sunny with higher track temp). The outside front tire is folding under and pushing the camber from -2.75 static to probably +1 at max grip (this corner is 4th gear at about 140km/h). You can see how much sidewall deflection there is between the 2 pictures. Had my cold pressure been +30psi the tires would have looked more like the cornering pic, at 40 psi there would be virtually 0 sidewall deflection and I already would've had to back off because the tread compound would be maxed out and without any sidewall flex to give it that extra 10% grip. Also, the inside front tire that doesn't account for much more than about 10% of the total traction here would've had probably 50% less contact patch at 40psi then at 26-28psi.
    Attachment 1566Attachment 1567

MEANMCHN
    Quote Originally Posted by Not4you View Post
    interesting. going to try that out next season - depending on what tire I go with to replace the Hoosiers. for the moment it looks like I may go with the NT-01s.
    NT-01s are great tires, I love them, great thing is that I can drive to and from the track on them and if it starts raining at CTMP, which is super common, the track gets nice and clear when all the slicks guys go back to the pit

MEANMCHN, will you be coming to TMP on Sept. 10?

^^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by MEANMCHN View Post
    Damn, Apex day that day... can't pass up CTMP.
    -Don____________

MEANMCHN
    Ya, it's the same day as my September session but it would be good to come out and play with the Mustangs. There's only ever one Boss 302 at the Apex days and we've already determined the victor there

We'll see how the weather/car is feeling. I haven't been to TMP in a long time.