Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Coil Over Suspension

Quote Originally Posted by tulowd View Post
    LOL....pls don't take the comment stuff the wrong way. Everyone is just trying to input their experience and opinions to help, not jam you.
    Judging by your videos, I would say if you were riding a haywagon with R comps, you would likely do well against the troops ...except maybe ZR's Cobra.

Do you really run lap times below 1:30? I seem to recall anything below 1:40 was pretty stout for a street car...on the old track. I didn't time anyone @ Mustangs at Mosport, but is the track faster than before?
    I'm curious about this myself. The back of the NASCAR Truck field are lapping slower.

but 400hp + driver + tires = fast laps.
    BECAUSE RACECAR

MEANMCHN
    Quote Originally Posted by Not4you View Post
    I'm curious about this myself. The back of the NASCAR Truck field are lapping slower.

but 400hp + driver + tires = fast laps.
    The track is about 2 seconds faster than it was mid-last year. There is no longer a huge crease/ledge/hole to avoid between 2B and 3 and 10 can be taken significantly faster than last year (same deal with the crease/ledge/seam/whatever). Even Moss is better, most people lose about 2 seconds through turn 2 simply because they don't realize it's as fast as it is. Every video I see of people lapping they're in 3rd going into turn 3 (and yes, gear choice is a variable, but very few people run taller gears than I do - 3.55s - in their Mustangs and I'm nowhere near 3rd). One of my videos I actually try 3rd through 3 and the car went sideways because I had to slow down so abruptly into turn 3 because of the gear change.

I'm already at 400+ laps of CTMP so far this year, typically I do about 600-700 laps per season, so I do have a lot of experience.

I don't think I get what you're saying. so what gear do you run between T2 and T3 and what are you in at T3 apex/exit? I typically run 3rd gear from T1 to T5 braking zone at very high rpm ... but then I have 150 less hp so that could make a difference. I have 3.55s as well.
    BECAUSE RACECAR

MEANMCHN
    I don't think I get what you're saying. so what gear do you run between T2 and T3 and what are you in at T3 apex/exit? I typically run 3rd gear from T1 to T5 braking zone at very high rpm ... but then I have 150 less hp so that could make a difference. I have 3.55s as well.
    I'm at the top of 4th gear until Moss with 3.55s, Moss and 10 are the only times I use 3rd.

Entry/Apex/Exit in km/h
    Turn 1: 160/160/170
    Turn 2A-B: 180+/160/170
    Turn 3: 120/130/160
    Turn 4: 180+/160/170
    Turn 5A: 120/100
    Turn 5B: 100/120
    Turn 5C: 150
    Turn 6-7: 180-225
    Turn 8: 175/160/130
    Turn 9: 130/120/110
    Turn 10: 100/115/120

Next track day there will be the guy with the telemetry and I'll see if I can get it setup again so I get video, GPS speed, G's etc.

also see if I can come be a passenger

and yeah, there is a big difference between the gears/speeds with the hp difference.
    BECAUSE RACECAR

MEANMCHN

and yeah, there is a big difference between the gears/speeds with the hp difference.
    Ya, of course you can come as a passenger, depending on the weather I'll be there August 19th. I'll have the new suspension in so it's more of a tuning day but I'm sure there will be a few laps that I let it hang

tulowd

and G R I P

MEANMCHN
    The grip is the scary part. It's not necessarily a "fast" car, it's just immense the amount of grip the 315s out back give.

Quote Originally Posted by tulowd View Post
    and G R I P
    how do you mean?
    BECAUSE RACECAR

tulowd
    how do you mean?
    good street tires might get you 1.0 g's or thereabouts on a flat corner. R comps maybe 1.3....
    race rubber, can get closer to 2g's if there is enough heat in them.

aka; I'm thinking he's not running G/60/15 bias ply's on the car, lol