Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SR Lower Control Arms for S197 - Garbage

Mrods

SR Lower Control Arms for S197 - Garbage

Made a mistake buying SR lower control arms for my 08 GT from American Muscle. They were on for $114 USD. Basically the bushings were crap right out of the box. I installed them and found a few inches of diff play under acceleration or lane changes. Not a great feeling. Went to Da Silva's and they quickly showed me that I had installed properly, and the weak polymer bushing were the issue. They replaced with UPR and issue was immediately resolved.

Interestingly, I tried to post a negative review on AM's web site about the issue, including a video showing how bad the play was, and they did not "approve". There was no bad language included (although I did feel that way).

So I emailed AM and got zero response. Then I facebook messaged the issue on their site and included the fact that they appear to have a policy of filtering feedback on their site, along with the vid I had included. They responded saying it was not their policy to filter reviews. Bull shit. It has been over a week and they have not posted, probably because I had used the term "this product is dangerous and should be pulled from the shelves". They did appear to pull from the SR control arms from the shelves and are showing the item on "back order" now. I then called them and they confirmed they had pulled. Refund will be coming.

Lesson for me is, AM does not post all feedback and I was not making as a educated a buying decision as I thought I was, based on 30 plus mostly positive reviews. Deals to good to be true are deals to good to be true.

Slope
    This is why I've always been leery of these Entry Level companies. SR/SVE/Proform are brands I just don't give a second look. Suspension, brakes and engine parts are not areas that we need to be taking the "economy" route with.

SR, Whiteline and a couple other suspension companies have questionable quality for the S197 platform.
    Follow me on Instagram @ray721_14gt for car pics and general shenanigans

Because Rayscar!!!!

TheMustangShow
    Sorry to hear, thought AM where a better outfit than that.

This is the company for Lower Control arms. http://www.maximummotorsports.com/Lo...-Arms-C91.aspx

if you winter driver you car, BMR, Steeda and Bobs Autosports with Poly Bushings are all could choices, but Poly in an LCA compromises performance, which is why MM don't use them.

MM are really in their own orbit and when you look at the quality of what you get, the transparency and willingness of them to tell you what components and bushings they use, along with the fact the owner answers the phone, make them The Standard.

Slope
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMustangShow View Post
    MM are really in their own orbit and when you look at the quality of what you get, the transparency and willingness of them to tell you what components and bushings they use, along with the fact the owner answers the phone, make them The Standard.
    Like.

SR Lower Control Arms for S197 - Garbage

I wish Maximum Motorsports made more things for the S197 platform. It isn't exactly a "new" chassis anymore. It's over 10yrs old now.

It's looking like my ideal suspension build will consist of Parts from Maximum, BMR, Cortex and Eibach. Should be interesting
    Last edited by Ray721; 08-16-2014 at 11:15 AM.
    Follow me on Instagram @ray721_14gt for car pics and general shenanigans

Because Rayscar!!!!

MEANMCHN
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray721 View Post
    I wish Maximum Motorsports made more things for the S197 platform. It isn't exactly a "new" chassis anymore. It's over 10yrs old now.

It's looking like my ideal suspension build will consist of Parts from Maximum, BMR, Cortex and Eibach. Should be interesting
    Cortex has a great S197 suspension video on their site.

Bought a waterpump from AM this past winter, leaked right out of the box.

Submitted a negative review and a day later I get a call from AM saying they will give me a full refund.

I got my money back but the review is no longer there. This was a 'Ford Racing' water pump btw.. made in China doe...
    '88 LX

Slope
    Quote Originally Posted by hsousa88 View Post
    This was a 'Ford Racing' water pump btw.. made in China...
    I have one of those hanging on my yet-to-be-fired GT-40 motor right now.

Not looking forward to pouring anti-freeze into that build for the first time, which is usually my favourite part.

Quote Originally Posted by Slope View Post
    I have one of those hanging on my yet-to-be-fired GT-40 motor right now.

Not looking forward to pouring anti-freeze into that build for the first time, which is usually my favourite part.
    Fingers crossed for you.. they seem to get good reviews. I guess I just got a bad seed..
    '88 LX