Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Which Spark Plugs? 302 w/SC

Which Spark Plugs? 302 w/SC

Hey guys, Looking at changing my plugs as it's been a couple years.
    It's 93 Motor with I believe older SVO Alum heads, Cobra Intake V1 making max 8lbs boost. Also running an MSD 6AL.
    Right now im running a Motorcraft plug....honestly im not sure which ones they are, id have to pull one out.
    Just wondering what recommendations you guys have from your own experience? Make and Model # please

My notes show AGSF-32C as being the stock plug, drop back to 22C for your application. Would run them at 32max, starting at 28 n adjusting larger if you experience idle issues.
    Suggest removing one of what you have in there now to confirm.

Will that be ok with the Alum heads? I might check with Paul at PSP and see what he says as well.

He mentions an AGSP32C because of the alum heads, but just wondering if those are cold enough? And gapped at .035?

I'm suggesting the AGSF-22C.
    Best to remove one of the current plugs to be sure as I think Ford used different plugs in the very early alum heads, can't recall for sure.

HyperGT
    i used autolite 24...10-12lb of boost

Big Nick
    Autolite 3924 it has a gasket base instead of a taper design for use with aluminum heads

Silver LX
    agsp32c is all you need and .35 at your boost level is perfect too. .32 is the tightest I would go- but not for your boost level. Im making 17 psi and have mine a .35 with no blowout making 690 at the tire. idles nicer with a wider gap on my car i find.

So they are the AGSF22C which happens to be what Rick recommended. They were gapped around .035 to I brought them down to 0.030.
    I did notice though that the pass side plugs all looked a touch lean, while the drivers side plugs looks fine.....