Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OBD1 test question

Okay I put in good stock mass air that Jeff at Mustang Specialties loaned me to test with.

Results, car did not like it. Check engine light came on and stayed on the whole time, idle dropped down to 500 then surged up to 800 and would not stabilize the entire time I let it run.

Switched back to the the larger Pro-M and added a new screen to it (wasn't running one since it had been damaged during some earlier re+ re) and the car started and went to steady idle around 800 as before and no check engine light. Likely after 10 or 15 minutes it would have come on.

I guess with the E-cam, Edelbrock heads and GT-40 intake it likes more airflow. So I think I'll look at a new 24lb calibrated mass air and put my 24lb injectors in.

1991 Mustang 5.0L LX - Titanium Frost CC Metallic, MM Suspension, Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes, Edelbrock heads, polished GT-40 intake, new interior
    2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack, Magneride, Auto, Forged wheels, Active exhaust, Lightning Blue

Passed the e-test with what I have, yeah. Codes not an issue, but I don't know if they even showed up since the test was pretty short.

Think the issue with the stock Mass Air Sensor I tested not working was likely the replacement connector for the mass air since it will not lock on the mass air. It loosened on current mass air and the car started exhibiting the same pulsing idle, pushed it on and idle smoothed out, so I zip-tied it.

1991 Mustang 5.0L LX - Titanium Frost CC Metallic, MM Suspension, Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes, Edelbrock heads, polished GT-40 intake, new interior
    2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack, Magneride, Auto, Forged wheels, Active exhaust, Lightning Blue