Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  49
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: 69 Roadrunner SO close now

Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    Beautiful car Wicked! Green is the fastest colour from what I hear. Love to see it one day. Nothing like a classic muscle car.
    Thanks.....I'm thinking of adding the factory type Matte Black stripes on the hood maybe next year. I will research it during the winter and decide.

My dad never had them when the car was new but we both like them and they just seem to just suit the car.
    I would do them to factory specs/material. They partially covered the top of the fenders and cowl so they were very wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick_89_Hatch View Post
    This car is EPIC!!!!!!! Awesome story, too bad your uncle's didn't keep theirs
    One of my uncles had a Yellow 69 Runner....and in the early 70s his future father law told him if he wanted to marry his daughter he must sell the car first so he did.
    The glove box full of tickets was the main reason.

He and his son now have a 69 Runner they bought about 10 years ago in the Nobleton area.

Woodward trip was a great time....sooooo many different kinds of vehicles and some really cool rare stuff.
    I was really impressed with the show Dodge and Roadkill put on. They even did the famous 3 way tug of war strapping the Viper, Challenger and Charger together. I thought a car caught fire with all the smoke until I realized what they were doing.

The Runner was a big hit there and I could tell my dad enjoyed telling the story about his car to all.
    My only complaint was we didn't have enough time so next year we are doing 3 nights 4 days.

Tony, was your RR sitting on the crest of a small hill along Woodward around 13 mile? If it wasn't yours there was a replica of yours with Centrelines as well.

I also agree the Dodge Pavilion was beyond epic. I scored a couple epic t-shirts and the vibe there was pretty awesome. Didn't realize Chally's have 11 different levels of trim!

So glad that I only do Mustang Alley for like an hour and starting to see other parts of the event. Can only do a couple things every year. Last year I did Chevrolet, but this year I saw Chev and GM performance had two displays but didn't make it there, was too hot. Roush has displays, so do sooo many others that I'd like to see eventually. Just hard to move around.

[QUOTE=Darkhorse;125184]Tony, was your RR sitting on the crest of a small hill along Woodward around 13 mile? If it wasn't yours there was a replica of yours with Centrelines as well.

Yes, that was us parked there.

We stopped 3-4 times along Woodward Ave on Saturday to walk around and sit near the strip to just take it in.
    We had chairs and a cooler with water in it so all we seeked was shade at times.

Couple small changes for the RR this year so far.

We lowered the rear more and swapped to an aluminum rad/electric fan to deal with the Woodward stop and go traffic.

My parents have been hitting all the cruise nights in the Peterborough surrounding area this year and really enjoying it
    I'll take some more pictures once I get it all cleaned up for Woodward.

sweet, love those cars.
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

Hell yes it is.

Awesome car!!!

Updated some pics at the start of the thread to keep it alive.

Not much news/changes to the car...it's only been driven about 5km this year and with my dad on vacation it won't see many more unless I can find the time to take it for a cruise and actually take some decent pics of it.