Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  22
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: FOOTBALL (The Kind where you HIT)

TheMustangShow

Thumbs up

That was a bit nippy tonight...WTF it's April 16th and it's 2 degrees on the field!

TheMustangShow

Chad Johnson is an Montreal Alouette now!

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/cf...ttes-1.2611592

TheMustangShow

On the field today for 8:30am with my middle son @ the Hersey Centre for another SuperElite Football camp.

Great turnout for the early camp, older players work out in the afternoon, the mornings are for the younger players and they were eager today as most of their opponents
    were still asleep in their beds while they were running routes!

It is great so many of the Pros come out to help with the young player and it was special to see this man...^^ Coach Rainford, a legendary Quarterback Coach that has worked with many CIS, NCAA Teams, the Chicago Bears and the SF 49ers and speaking of the 49ers; it was 19 years ago today that the greatest Playoff QB in the history of Football, decided to hang up his cleats and that player was named JOE COOL!

Joe Montana's record in SUPERBOWLS: Undefeated x 4 (Superbowl MVP x 3, an NFL record)

TheMustangShow

The NFL DRAFT is around the corner and many CANADIAN football players http://canada.nfl.com/2014/04/28/canadians-rising/ will hear their names called, including the incredible 6'.5" 315lbs Laurent Duvernay-Tardif http://www.torontosun.com/2014/04/27...-er-internship med student from McGill.

TheMustangShow

Not one Running Back selected in the first round, AGAIN!

Can't win without running the ball!

Rounds two and three coming up, there will probably be a record number of CANADIANS selected.

Mustang Occasionally
    Hey Jt, as a football dad, curious to hear your thoughts about Michael Sam getting drafted to the Rams?

Good for the sport, bad for the sport, makes no difference to the sport as long as he can play the sport...? What say you?

Ok, straight or gay, we should treat everyone the same?? I'm cool with that but how did it come to be that the prez needed to weigh in with his congratulations? Didn't see him applaud the straight or not admittedly gay players on their signings. Dude should or should not have been signed on his merits and his merits only. Just as pissed when I read the media post Openly gay Michael Sam reacts after he's passed over.

'I should've been in the first three rounds': Openly gay Michael Sam reacts after he's passed over until final moments of NFL draft despite award-winning season

• Michael Sam was picked in the seventh round despite winning multiple honors including SEC Defensive Player of the Year during his college career
    • Sam and his boyfriend kissed as they burst into tears of joy after receiving the phone call notifying him he was being drafted
    • Many Hall of Fame players have been picked in later rounds or signed free agent deals after being passed over in the draft
    • President Barack Obama offered the 24-year-old, the Rams and the NFL his congratulations
    • The announcement was followed by an 'avalanche' of orders for Sam's jersey within hours

By DAILY MAIL REPORTERS
    PUBLISHED: 13:51 GMT, 11 May 2014 | UPDATED: 21:21 GMT, 11 May 2014
    225 shares
    View
    comments

Openly gay college football star Michael Sam made history Saturday when he was named the 249th overall draft pick, but the 24-year-old says he deserved better.
    'From last season alone, I should've been in the first three rounds,' said Sam after the high from finally being chosen had worn off.
    Sam was selected in the seventh and final round and admitted it was a frustrating wait. He said teams that passed on him chickened out and he should have been drafted sooner.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz31UsJv0qU
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Mustang Occasionally
    How about this one...

The team that became infamous last season for allegedly fostering an unforgiving locker room environment reacted swiftly Sunday in the face of controversial comments from a player on social media.

The Miami Dolphins fined safety Don Jones and barred him from organized team activities until he completes educational therapy after he made never comments following Michael Sam's selection and subsequent televised reaction.

Sam, the first openly gay player drafted by an NFL team, was seen Saturday kissing his boyfriend after he was chosen in the seventh round by the St. Louis Rams.

Jones tweeted "OMG" and then "Horrible."

In a statement issued Sunday night by the Dolphins, Jones said, "I want to apologize to Michael Sam for the inappropriate comments that I made last night on social media. I take full responsibility for them and I regret that these tweets took away from his draft moment.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/05/11...f-sam-horrible

I'm all for live and let live, but... Is it just me, or does 'educational therapy' have a scary futuristic sci-fi vibe to it...?

I'm not sure what the answer is.
    Felt a similar reaction when the Nascar announcers went on and on and on about Danica being the first women to achieve that finishing position since blah blah blah. I don't care, saw a racer named Danica finish in position X and to me thats that.

TheMustangShow
    Quote Originally Posted by Armen View Post
    Hey Jt, as a football dad, curious to hear your thoughts about Michael Sam getting drafted to the Rams?

Good for the sport, bad for the sport, makes no difference to the sport as long as he can play the sport...? What say you?

Interesting you brought this up as my wife and I were talking about it yesterday.

In regards to SAM and his sexuality, it really is none of my business. I admire that he came out and chooses to live his life the way he feels, rather than pretend to be something he's not and then 10 years later after his career is over, dump his wife and announce he is gay. I'm no expert, but I think you're born gay, you don't become gay.

As for his announcement, I think his timing to do it is opportune, Roger Goodell, the Commissioner fo the NFL, has an openly Gay brother and has a mandate to propel the NFL's popularity into new markets and an openly gay payer could do that.

From a former Players point of view, things are a little more complicated and the NFL is just not talking about it. The Locker Room is a place that is Run by the Players, so I'm not sure what will happen.
    Football Players, as a whole, are not the most progressive and sensitive group, but if Sam can help the team Win, I don't think there will be any issues, if players feel Sam is on the roster because he is Gay and not because of his play, there may be issues with his Teammates.

From a Coaches Point of View; if Sam could contribute, I'd play him.

A couple of things I didn't like about the circus around the draft is I did not like SAM's criticism as to where he went in the Draft.
    He had a good NCAA career but he is undersized for the D-Line by NFL standards at 6'2" and 255, so I would not have been surprised if he was not drafted and was given tryouts as a Free Agent. He was never a sure thing due to his size and I think he was insinuating he went lower, because he was gay and I don't think that was the case at all.

To put things in Perspective as to how incredibly talented you have to be to play PRO FOOTBALL...of all the kids that play FOOTBALL, about 3% go on to play at the University of College Level of those players that play about 4% of all of those players will make it to the NFL and CFL DRAFTS and only of those only a fraction will make teams and have careers. Pro Hockey and Pro Football are probably the most difficult ways to make a living in the Sports World as a pro.

I wish him all the best getting Drafted does not mean he will make the Roster.

It is also important to note in this years 2014 NFL Draft that a record number of 4 Canadians were drafted by NFL Teams!
    Last edited by TheMustangShow; 05-12-2014 at 10:27 AM.