Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MT82 Finally Fixed! Blowfish Racing Shifter Bracket

MT82 Finally Fixed! Blowfish Racing Shifter Bracket

Hey guys i somehow got my hands on a Blowfish Racing shifter bracket before anyone else.

This thing is sweet! First impression is good. Shifts are smooth and direct. Under heavy load the shifts aren't much different then just cruising. It's impressive.

I accelerated while turning and did a 1-2 shift without any nibble or lock out. Repeated a little faster doing a 2-3 shift also without issue. Everyone knows shifts get ALL fucked up under some load while turning.

Took off from a dig the best I could and power shifted 1-2-3-4. No drama, nibble, grind, lockout, nothing! This bracket actually works! It also doubles as an NHRA drive shaft which is perfect if you want to drag!

It's not all sunshine and rainbows though. The NVH increase is quite noticable so I have to adjust it.

I'm gonna jack it back up tomorrow morning and lower the shifter another 1/8" or 1/4". It's pretty obvious to see the shifter is too high. I installed the upper bracket leaving a 1/8" gap in the slots as per instructions but I think it needs more. The vibrating noise goes away when I push the shifter down about 1/4"

I'll update as things progress. So far I'm super happy with it regardless of having to tweak it.

If you have a Manual 2011+ this is a MUST HAVE ITEM!!!
    Follow me on Instagram @ray721_14gt for car pics and general shenanigans

Because Rayscar!!!!

Finally a bracket that is well designed. Unlike some vendors DS loops that mount to the same spot, these guys have run the correct lower gussets to keep it rigid, very rigid. Just as impressive, how they've designed the bracket to fall over the three bolts vs having to remove n fight with em. Vid gives you an idea of how it installs. You can guarantee our sponsor shops will be looking to bring these in as well.
    Thanks for the blerb Ray, now get out and enjoy that puppy.................still don't have enough for track day ya know, just sayin. LOL

https://www.blowfishracing.com/drive...t-bracket.html

the farmer
    ....smart design

03svt
    Glad you found a fix...major issue with my car and the only thing that keeps me wondering if I'll keep it.

I'm going to throw a shifter at mine this year and some solid shifter bushings and see where that takes me.

Congrats on the fix

I wouldn't call this a victory just yet. It shifts great but the NVH is too much. I'm gonna have to get in contact with Blowfish tomorrow to try and troubleshoot it. When accelerating it makes a pretty loud rattling sound.

Because Rayscar!!!!

I'm thinking it's flexing a bit and making contact with something under load. I'm gonna bring some semi dense foam from work tomorrow to see if that does anything.

Because Rayscar!!!!

Do you have it pushed up and hitting the existing studs in the floor?

Holy shit I never even checked for that! Oh well, it's drivable for now. If I have time to jack it up during the week I'll check it. Michaela works late Mon Tues so I won't be doing anything till Wednesday. No way I'm going under a car on stands with nobody around.

Worst case scenario could we stick it up on the hoistage after the truck is fix'd?

Because Rayscar!!!!

No problem.